The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

:ROTFL: Honestly, I don't think anyone else, including myself, is interested in this line of topic. I am out.
Don't you actually think all these silly posts are extremely funny, the ones predicting financial trouble and demise of Hasselblad (or Leica, Olympus, Pentax, Nikon, ........ you name the company, there aren't many that do not belong on this list) and still these companies stay in business, develop new models and sell them. These doom-posters might get it right one day, but in my mind purely by coincidence :toocool:

Doppler9000

:ROTFL: Honestly, I don't think anyone else, including myself, is interested in this line of topic. I am out.
Yes, I can see where the influx of pesky facts and evidence would make you lose interest.

It’s nice that you’ve kept you ironic sense of humor, though.

sog1927

Yes, I can see where the influx of pesky facts and evidence would make you lose interest.

It’s nice that you’ve kept you ironic sense of humor, though.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't really understand this obsession with the finances and management of a camera company whose products you apparently neither own nor care to own. I like my X1d. I'm sure I'd like the Fuji if I owned one (although the compact form factor of the X1D is more appealing to me). If Hasselblad folded tomorrow (Deo nolente!) my X1D would still make excellent images (at least until something broke). I'd probably end up moving to the Fuji eventually. They're tools, not religions, after all. Life's too damned short to worry about stuff like this.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't really understand this obsession with the finances and management of a camera company whose products you apparently neither own nor care to own. I like my X1d. I'm sure I'd like the Fuji if I owned one (although the compact form factor of the X1D is more appealing to me). If Hasselblad folded tomorrow (Deo nolente!) my X1D would still make excellent images (at least until something broke). I'd probably end up moving to the Fuji eventually. They're tools, not religions, after all. Life's too damned short to worry about stuff like this.
The obsession isn’t with finances, corporate structure, or photography. The obsession is with fighting.

Doppler9000

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't really understand this obsession with the finances and management of a camera company whose products you apparently neither own nor care to own.

Life's too damned short to worry about stuff like this.
If life’s too short to worry about stuff like this, wouldn’t it also be too short to complain about other people worrying about it?

Shashin

... too bad I can't find a good enough excuse to get one! :ROTFL:

Best regards,

Vieri
Wow, you have not been in these part very long. We would never let excuses get in the way of lust. And since you are our friend, we will happily help out with an excuse if you absolutely need one. :toocool:

:ROTFL:

:watch:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Wow, you have not been in these part very long. We would never let excuses get in the way of lust. And since you are our friend, we will happily help out with an excuse if you absolutely need one. :toocool:

What is this "excuse" you speak of? :grin:

I had no need or desire for the X1D II. I preordered the 907X special edition milliseconds after it was announced.:loco:

Alan

Seems to be a Hasselblad branded product because in the rear perspective view, if you look close, you can see "Hasselblad" on the bottom of the screen.

Generally, letters and logos are not allowed in the drawings of design patents (I write and prosecute patents for a living and do a lot of design patents in the US), and it looks like someone did a not-so-great job cloning the logo out.
Must be my aging eyeballs, but I can't make that out.
Yep, it's there in in the large image on Petapixel:
clone_4.jpg

After some ACR Texture/Clarity/Dehaze:
clone_4_edit.jpg

hcubell

I
Another hating troll has arrived here with all of 19 posts. No surprise. We have no idea who the Doppler is, except that he just arrived here and he is angry about Hasselblad. We see this all of the time. Just a few days ago, we saw similar comments from someone who neither owns now nor will EVER own a Hasselblad bemoaning the regular delays by Hasselblad in delivering it’s products. He closed his invective with a banging his head against the wall emoji. My reaction was one of sympathy for someone bangs his head against the wall over a camera manufacturer who he really has no connection with. Can you imagine the psychic pain he experiences with something he actually has a connection with and that disappoints him?

Last edited:

Doppler9000

Another hating troll has arrived here with all of 19 posts. No surprise. We have no idea who the Doppler is, except that he just arrived here and he is angry about Hasselblad. We see this all of the time. Just a few days ago, we saw similar comments from someone who neither owns now nor will EVER own a Hasselblad bemoaning the regular delays by Hasselblad in delivering it’s products. He closed his invective with a banging his head against the wall emoji. My reaction was one of sympathy for someone bangs his head against the wall over a camera manufacturer who he really has no connection with. Can you imagine the psychic pain he experiences with something he actually has a connection with and that disappoints him? Fortunately, there are good meds for people with these kinds of issues.

Howard,

I invite you to read what I actually wrote.

I expressed no anger toward Hasselblad. No bemoaning of delays. No invective. No head-banging.

I said that with DJI’s ownership, Hasselblad potentially had access to capital that it didn’t, as a standalone entity.

Somehow this was interpreted as an attack on Hasselblad, which I found puzzling.

Doubts were expressed, in an antagonistic fashion, regarding whether DJI actually owned Hasselblad and/or had any input into its management. I was instructed to provide evidence. I tried to give input on these doubts. The tone of the challenge colored my tenor, I will admit.

More and more evidence was supplied, but not accepted.

That’s about it.

And here we are, with you attacking me personally, calling me names, saying that I have mental health issues and am in need of medication.

Odd.

Godfrey

I had no need or desire for the X1D II. I preordered the 907X special edition milliseconds after it was announced.:loco:
Not quite milliseconds for me, but just moments more... :cool:

G

vieri

Not very long, you say?? Oh man, let's not even go there... I have been here for a very long time, probably far too long for my own good!! :ROTFL: Just considering digital MF, I had PhaseOne (P45+, P65+) and Leaf (12R), both with Mamiya / Phase cameras and tech cameras (Silvestri Flexicam & Linhof Techno), Pentax 645D and 645Z, Leica S (007), and now I am back with (two) Hasselblad X1D and 5 lenses... I definitely paid my dues to Dante!! :ROTFL: I also has some interludes of sanity and went back to FF, but then again - Nikons aside - I used Leicas (still do), so I guess Dante had a hold on me even from afar :banghead::ROTFL:

Well, I ordered the X1D II immediately, but - forgive me father - I also have desires for the 907x, but I can't justify it for my business, and therefore either some extra money will come in, or the 907x will have to wait - for now... ;)

Best regards,

Vieri

pegelli

That news, along with delays, product cancellations, etc., might give potential buyers pause before investing in a camera system which may instantly become an orphan, particularly when Fuji has a competitive product line that has several large advantages, backed by a company with few to no stumbles of any kind.

I expressed no anger toward Hasselblad. No bemoaning of delays. No invective. No head-banging.
:bugeyes:

Doppler9000

:bugeyes:
Are you really unable to discern the difference between an analysis of potential market implications of Hasselblad’s public messaging and invective?

We are in a strange time, where people apparently have no interest or ability to understand logic, fact and context. They look for something to get outraged about, and react to the narrative they have created in their heads about whatever triggers them.

For example, reread the post where you wrote:

“Don't you actually think all these silly posts are extremely funny, the ones predicting financial trouble and demise of Hasselblad (or Leica, Olympus, Pentax, Nikon, ........ you name the company, there aren't many that do not belong on this list) and still these companies stay in business, develop new models and sell them. These doom-posters might get it right one day, but in my mind purely by coincidence ”

Hasselblad has been in financial trouble for many years. They have been bought and sold multiple times.

They sold Hasselblad-branded Sony cameras, for a little while, which seems dilutive to a prestige brand.

They opened then closed a design center.

They have had turnover in upper management. Peter Oosting, who was responsible for guiding the company out of deep waters, resigned unexpectedly in 2017.

They are operating in a shrinking, highly-competitive market. They have delayed and/or canceled multiple products.

They defaulted on their debt obligations and are now owned by a Chinese drone company, which may save the Hasselblad brand, though the future is far from certain.

Presumably the patent images have quelled the notion that the story of DJI’s ownership is fake news.

Somehow, you interpret the mentioning of these historical facts as a silly prediction about the future. It seems you are unable to reconcile that the Hasselblad of today isn’t the same as the Hasselblad of twenty plus years ago. You ignore reality and create a story in your head that people are unfairly attacking Hasselblad. You then respond to the story you have created.

This approach has gained traction in politics, as well.

It’s sad that this is where we are.

Last edited:

pegelli

Are you really unable to discern the difference between an analysis of potential market implications of Hasselblad’s public messaging and invective?
Believe what you want, but as far as I know these are the important facts:

Hasselblad is in business today
They produce and sell cameras
They developed two new cameras and there is no indication they won't be delivered/sold in the near future

All the rest (most of what you claim to be the "facts") is in my mind either silly speculation or not relevant to the three facts above.

I have no beef in this game, I don't have a Hasselblad and I don't intend to get one. I just don't like the misinformation and speculation you're peddling here.

Somehow, you interpret the mentioning of these historical facts as a silly prediction about the future. It seems you are unable to reconcile that the Hasselblad of today isn’t the same as the Hasselblad of twenty plus years ago. You ignore reality and create a story in your head that people are unfairly attacking Hasselblad. You then respond to the story you have created.
You must be in politics, because I think you're spinning a fake story out of a few mixed (in my mind mostly irrelevant) observations.

cerett

I pre-ordered from B&H on day 1, and have seen the estimated ship date on their site slip from "mid July" to "August 1." Has anyone heard anything about what's going on, or heard other estimates from their dealers? Thanks in advance to anyone with more info.
This is where we started. Now that the usual Hasselblad bashing is in full swing, I think it is time to end this thread.

Godfrey

There seem to be those who just love to pick apart the camera manufacturers' business and cast suspicions and ambivalence on everything they do. I see it with Leica, with Hasselblad, with Nikon, with Canon, with Olympus, and on and on. And particularly on the brand enthusiast lists and threads.

Best to just ignore them, I guess. I'm as guilty as anyone of succumbing to the bait and trying to have a discussion with them. What I really want is to hear less of this crap.

I'd rather hear more about upcoming products, insights into possible uses and techniques to try with it, details of the specification and what they mean, etc.

That new products—from any manufacturer—are often delayed is a given. Once I've decided I want something and placed an order for it, I just become patient and wait for it to appear ... And if it happens the company tanks and cannot produce the product, I get my deposit back from the vendor I placed it with. That would be a little disappointing (it has not happened yet) but I suspect I'd survive and just pick up one of the other too-many-cameras-in-the-closet and go back to making photos.

After all, I doubt many people here are really being constrained by not having another camera to work with... :D

G

Status
Not open for further replies.