The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppler9000

Believe what you want, but as far as I know these are the important facts:

Hasselblad is in business today
They produce and sell cameras
They developed two new cameras and there is no indication they won't be delivered/sold in the near future

All the rest (most of what you claim to be the "facts") is in my mind either silly speculation or not relevant to the three facts above.

I have no beef in this game, I don't have a Hasselblad and I don't intend to get one. I just don't like the misinformation and speculation you're peddling here.

You must be in politics, because I think you're spinning a fake story out of a few mixed (in my mind mostly irrelevant) observations.
I think this is the best strategy for someone like you.

Agree with the facts you like. Describe the facts you dislike as fake news.

dave.gt

This thread really does need to end now!^^^

Personal attacks and derogatory comments are not what this community is about.

I will personally ask you to refrain from this behavior. :thumbdown:

SrMphoto

This is where we started. Now that the usual Hasselblad bashing is in full swing, I think it is time to end this thread.
Agreed.
And to answer OP's question, the most agreed opinion is that X1D II 50C will start shipping in September.

pegelli

I think this is the best strategy for someone like you.
Your attempted personal insults are both predictable and humorous :LOL:

Agree with the facts you like. Describe the facts you dislike as fake news.
Don't we all :lecture:

But let's try to end this discussion on a positive note. I'll make you the following proposal:

• In case Hasselblad goes belly-up in the next three years I'll eat my words and owe you a beer (or other beverage of your choice, we'll figure a way to get it to you)
  • In case Hasselblad delivers the two new cameras and is still in business three years from now you eat your words and your "analysis" will be chalked up as "silly speculation" together with all the other doomsday posts we've seen on this forum (on many, many brands and manufacturers)

Sorry Dave (GT), I'll stop now :eek:

cerett

But let's try to end this discussion on a positive note. I'll make you the following proposal:

• In case Hasselblad goes belly-up in the next three years I'll eat my words and owe you a beer (or other beverage of your choice, we'll figure a way to get it to you)
  • In case Hasselblad delivers the two new cameras and is still in business three years from now you eat your words and your "analysis" will be chalked up as "silly speculation" together with all the other doomsday posts we've seen on this forum (on many, many brands and manufacturers)

You are very kind! Personally, I would like the forum administrator to have a word with the "newbie" Doppler9000. I will say no more.

dave.gt

Best offer I have seen all day.:)

This is how we roll.:thumbup:

Doppler9000

Dave(GT) - this will be my last post, as well.

I never made any prediction that Hasselblad was going to go under.

I said that the captial resources of DJI might be helpful for bringing products to market in a timely fashion.

I was challenged on whether Hasselblad was really owned by DJI.

I tried to respond, but people didn’t seem to read what I wrote and interepreted it as bashing, somehow. I pointed out that Hasselblad has had financial difficulties in the past, and is operating in a tough market.

I didn’t criticisize Hasselblad products.

You accused me of making things up with some agenda to bash Hasselblad. You didn’t refute anything, you just called me a liar.

So, there really is no bet, as neither of us has said Hasselblad was going to go under.

So long.

pegelli

That news, along with delays, product cancellations, etc., might give potential buyers pause before investing in a camera system which may instantly become an orphan, particularly when Fuji has a competitive product line that has several large advantages, backed by a company with few to no stumbles of any kind.
I never made any prediction that Hasselblad was going to go under.
As we can all read you made a very strong hint at HB's longevity. Is that a prediction or not? For me it's pretty clear but I'm sure you will disagree.

Give me a call for that beer if the situation ever develops different from what I think will happen over the next three years.

You didn’t refute anything, you just called me a liar.
I did not, read my posts.

Doppler9000

As we can all read you made a very strong hint at HB's longevity. Is that a prediction or not? For me it's pretty clear but I'm sure you will disagree.

Give me a call for that beer if the situation ever develops different from what I think will happen over the next three years.

I did not, read my posts.

As I have written multiple times, my main point is that DJI’s ownership and access to capital may put Hasselblad on a stronger financial footing.

As you said, you have interpreted this as me saying that Hasselblad is about to go under. You then attacked me based on your serial (mis)interpretation of what I have written.

You wrote:

“You must be in politics, because I think you're spinning a fake story out of a few mixed (in my mind mostly irrelevant) observations.“

I equate saying that I am spinning a fake story with saying that I am lying. It is hard to interpret what you wrote as anything other than accusing me of dishonesty.

Sorry Dave(GT), the guy just admitted that he was operating based on an inference, so I wanted to try one last time to try to explain that his inference is incorrect.

Maybe a coffee, instead.

dave.gt

Quote:
"You accused me of making things up with some agenda to bash Hasselblad. You didn’t refute anything, you just called me a liar."

"So, there really is no bet, as neither of us has said Hasselblad was going to go under."

For the record, the quote above indicates you meant to address someone else, as I was not part of the discussion.

You are quite welcome to join in on the forums here, and it is a friendly enough time to do so now that the volume has been turned down. Looking forward to your participation elsewhere on any topic, with the exception of this unfortunate thread.:deadhorse:

:thumbup:

BANKER1

My dad always said that it takes two to argue. So, I never heard my parents argue. My dad just refused to participate. This may be a good lesson here.

Reactions: spb

dave.gt

As I have written multiple times, my main point is that DJI’s ownership and access to capital may put Hasselblad on a stronger financial footing.

As you said, you have interpreted this as me saying that Hasselblad is about to go under. You then attacked me based on your serial (mis)interpretation of what I have written.

You wrote:

“You must be in politics, because I think you're spinning a fake story out of a few mixed (in my mind mostly irrelevant) observations.“

I equate saying that I am spinning a fake story with saying that I am lying. It is hard to interpret what you wrote as anything other than accusing me of dishonesty.

Sorry Dave(GT), the guy just admitted that he was operating based on an inference, so I wanted to try one last time to try to explain that his inference is incorrect.

Maybe a coffee, instead.
Did someone mention COFFEE?:)

What's your preference? Perhaps we have some delicious common ground here... pun intended.

Blonde roast? Bold? Espresso? Columbia ? Other?
:thumbs:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Did someone mention COFFEE?:)

What's your preference? Perhaps we have some delicious common ground here... pun intended.

Blonde roast? Bold? Espresso? Columbia ? Other?
:thumbs:
Old School, (Leica S007 and 120/2.5. I don't have any shallow DoF Hassy lenses)

:toocool:
Matt

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
This thread is closed.

Go ahead and re-start it after you've all cooled off a bit. We are all friends here, we supposedly all share photography as an enjoyable activity, so in the future please refrain from any verbiage that sounds like a personal attack or is flippant.

PS: Thanks to Matt and Dave for trying to calm it down with a nice photo and commentary -- that's a perfect example of what the persona of these forums are supposed to be like :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.