Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 96

Thread: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    I pre-ordered from B&H on day 1, and have seen the estimated ship date on their site slip from "mid July" to "August 1." Has anyone heard anything about what's going on, or heard other estimates from their dealers? Thanks in advance to anyone with more info.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    A ship date estimate slipping by a couple weeks from product announcement to a retail distribution in this niche industry is probably above average.

    Quote Originally Posted by clonardo View Post
    I pre-ordered from B&H on day 1, and have seen the estimated ship date on their site slip from "mid July" to "August 1." Has anyone heard anything about what's going on, or heard other estimates from their dealers? Thanks in advance to anyone with more info.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by clonardo View Post
    I pre-ordered from B&H on day 1, and have seen the estimated ship date on their site slip from "mid July" to "August 1." Has anyone heard anything about what's going on, or heard other estimates from their dealers? Thanks in advance to anyone with more info.
    Hasselblad themselves are probably the only ones that know for sure.

    Probably not what you want to hear, but "punctual" and "X-system shipping/delivery" are not two phrases that have traditionally gone together with the launch of X-system components so far. In my experience so far, a considerable amount of patience is required when placing orders for X-system gear when it's first announced and not in stock. I'm still waiting on my X-release cord I ordered from the HB store within 30 mins of the announcement back in March.

    It's pretty common in the industry in general these days though for demand to exceed expectations and delivery dates of cameras to slip. If you peek at the GFX Facebook Group, there are a good number of ppl angry that the GFX100 they ordered from B&H on day 1 hasn't arrived yet with no estimated ship date in site. Hang in there, it'll ship when it ships, and maybe they'll break the mold and be able to get a good number of cameras out the door on time.

    If your order is in at B&H, you may want to consider calling around to some of the smaller dealers if you're looking for a body sooner rather than later, and even touching base with the Hasselblad Store itself. I had luck finding an X1D in stock at a dealer in Virginia (Ace Photo) after waiting months for an order from Adorama when I bought the OG X1D. Good luck!

  4. #4
    Senior Member drunkenspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    I'm still waiting on my X-release cord I ordered from the HB store within 30 mins of the announcement back in March.
    You and me both Todd. That’s been a laughable backorder. I agree with the other comments here: "it’s not unusual and look around for smaller retail sources.” But HB is worse than most. Except for Leica maybe. Though in the case of HB, it seems exceptional. I had hopes that the DJI investment would produce delivery and R&D improvements, but . . .. Look at the 907X SE; it’s supposed to be a 50th Anniversary edition, and it may not even get released this year (which makes HB’s special tag line on the camera reasonably smart).
    Last edited by drunkenspyder; 23rd July 2019 at 06:16.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Another thread on this here: http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.co...p?topic=6346.0 . Per some of the latest comments there, some are hearing from their dealers that the camera's delayed until September. B&H's site still says August 1, so I guess we'll see.

    I thought that the whole justification for Hasselblad getting left in the dust by Fuji in terms of release cadence was that they were holding off on announcing products until they're ready to ship? If that's the message that they're going to send, it looks quite bad if they still miss announced ship dates. Here's hoping that the X1D ships before the A7R IV, just on principle.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Hi,

    i was at my dealer today to pick up the X1D charging hub (very solid) and two 3400mAh batteries for the X1DII.

    My dealer has a demo X1DII in the store which I briefly tried. He's expecting deliveries not before September. Not
    a big deal for me as he offered me a X1D for free from his rental pool until my X1DII arrives, so time to learn the new thing.

    Few things sticked to my mind:
    - Startup time of the X1DII is so much faster than the H6D (and supposedly the X1D which i never owned)
    - The EVF is a delight, very crisp and clear, same for the display which is huge.

    Best Regards,
    Ralf

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    I have had the opportunity to use a demo unit of the X1D II for a location shoot, and one other time at the Hasselblad studio in NY. I have more limited experience with the first X1D, but my perception is that the camera just felt rough around the edges- the X1D II really does feel more finished, and inspires more confidence in use. I was also shooting with a GFX 50R alongside the demo X1D II, and the GFX was quicker for most things, with smoother operation in many ways- and the tilting screen does come in handy. Still, I am keeping my X1D II pre-order, because I need a leaf shutter, and the camera's intangible qualities and ergonomics are worthwhile to me. The GFX 50R is really a very polished camera, though- it's so clear that the GFX system's development has been informed and subsidized by the success of the X series when you start using one.

    Quote Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
    Hi,

    i was at my dealer today to pick up the X1D charging hub (very solid) and two 3400mAh batteries for the X1DII.

    My dealer has a demo X1DII in the store which I briefly tried. He's expecting deliveries not before September. Not
    a big deal for me as he offered me a X1D for free from his rental pool until my X1DII arrives, so time to learn the new thing.

    Few things sticked to my mind:
    - Startup time of the X1DII is so much faster than the H6D (and supposedly the X1D which i never owned)
    - The EVF is a delight, very crisp and clear, same for the display which is huge.

    Best Regards,
    Ralf

  8. #8
    Senior Member bab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Hopefully the new H7D will have the same EVF seems to be some hints from a few ambassadors that making image capture focusing easier on the X1D was the biggest change to their workflow.

    Announcement + Delivery = Delay

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by bab View Post
    Hopefully the new H7D will have the same EVF seems to be some hints from a few ambassadors that making image capture focusing easier on the X1D was the biggest change to their workflow.

    Announcement + Delivery = Delay
    The H series uses EVFs?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    [QUOTE=bab;794399]Hopefully the new H7D will have the same EVF seems to be some hints from a few ambassadors that making image capture focusing easier on the X1D was the biggest change to their workflow.

    The HxD Series are mirror based reflex cameras and the X1D Cameras are mirror-less cameras using EVF Technology. Apples and oranges!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    [QUOTE=fotophil;794447]
    Quote Originally Posted by bab View Post
    Hopefully the new H7D will have the same EVF seems to be some hints from a few ambassadors that making image capture focusing easier on the X1D was the biggest change to their workflow.

    The HxD Series are mirror based reflex cameras and the X1D Cameras are mirror-less cameras using EVF Technology. Apples and oranges!
    I really hope that the HxD series keeps the magnificent OVF forever, but Hasselblad could improve the HxD’s live view (on LCD) and make LCD tiltable.
    Last edited by SrMphoto; 25th July 2019 at 21:54.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Delivery estimates on B&H just slipped to September 2

  13. #13
    Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Cameras that aren’t shipping don’t exist. Shipping estimates aren’t worth the pixels they’re printed on. Really. Don’t make plans based on them.

  14. #14
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    Cameras that aren’t shipping don’t exist. Shipping estimates aren’t worth the pixels they’re printed on. Really. Don’t make plans based on them.
    Yes.

    When I order a new, not yet released product shortly after product announcement, from an established and reputable company, I just order it and wait until it shows up. It's nice to know the expected time of arrival, but counting on that as part of a deadline is never a good idea.

    If I need something three months from now and that thing isn't shipping yet, I buy something else that IS shipping now. That way I have time to test and become familiar with it for my deadline three months out.

    G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    I haven't made any plans around this, but Fuji announced last year that they'd be shipping a very ambitious camera (the GFX 100) in the first half of 2019, and then actually did it.

    Hasselblad (or at least their surrogates) kept pushing the notion of "waiting until a product is ready to ship before releasing it," announced a warmed-over refresh of a camera from 3 years ago (admittedly, warmed-over in the right ways, for me), and then blows their ship date. First mid-July, then August 1, and now some time in September.

    While I don't have a deadline, I have started buying into the system (thankfully, with used lenses, so I'll be able to recoup pretty close to the full value if I give up on Hasselblad), and these delays and ongoing lack of transparency are really detrimental to customer satisfaction when their most direct competitor (Fuji) is executing so well (and has provided a roadmap for lenses, with the 45-100/4 still forthcoming). It's bad business to squander goodwill like this.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Hasselblad's certainly keen to make it sound like it's released with a clear ship date in their press release announcing the X1D II:

    "The X1D II 50C has an MSRP of € 5000 / $ 5750 / £ 4500 excl. VAT. Delivery in July 2019. Available to order immediately."

    Especially compared to their "estimated" delivery time for the zoom lens in the next line:

    "The XCD 3,5-4,5/35-75 Zoom Lens has an MSRP of € 4500 / $ 5175 / £ 4050 excl. VAT. Estimated delivery in October 2019. Ordering information will be released shortly before."

    https://www.hasselblad.com/press/pre...medium-format/

    Things do, of course, happen, but this is a significant miss from Hasselblad's own committed date. Per that thread I linked earlier on HasselbladDigitalForum, word is that no dealers will have cameras before September.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    Yes.

    When I order a new, not yet released product shortly after product announcement, from an established and reputable company, I just order it and wait until it shows up. It's nice to know the expected time of arrival, but counting on that as part of a deadline is never a good idea.

    If I need something three months from now and that thing isn't shipping yet, I buy something else that IS shipping now. That way I have time to test and become familiar with it for my deadline three months out.

    G

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by clonardo View Post
    I haven't made any plans around this, but Fuji announced last year that they'd be shipping a very ambitious camera (the GFX 100) in the first half of 2019, and then actually did it.
    Sort of. My dealer has yet to receive one GFX 100.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Rock AR
    Posts
    2,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Not sure if Fuji shipped anything after the 27th of June. There has been very little talk from users that would have received a GFX100 after the 1st round of shipping.

    They also appear to have slowed down the production to fix the switch issue on the vertical grip.

    Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    1 batch shipped is a lot better than zero From what I've read, Fuji has been overwhelmed with orders, so it sounds like it may take a while for anyone who didn't get their pre-orders in early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post
    Not sure if Fuji shipped anything after the 27th of June. There has been very little talk from users that would have received a GFX100 after the 1st round of shipping.

    They also appear to have slowed down the production to fix the switch issue on the vertical grip.

    Paul C

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    1,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    I know for a fact that Fuji is shipping GFX all the time. All this talk about no shipments after the initial release is BS. The demand is huge and more than Hasselblad could ever deliver. (Just look at Hasselblad Financial numbers and you know how much they could have sold)

    I don’t get why Hasselblad waited so long to announce a camera which is shipping so much later... nearly as bad as Phase One did with the IQ4...
    Christopher Hauser
    http://www.chauser.eu

  21. #21
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    I don't care one wit about what Fuji is doing. It's completely irrelevant to my interest in a Hasselblad, regardless of whether one might consider Fuji to be their primary competitor or not. I won't buy a Fuji regardless of whether Hasselblad ships or not.

    The point of view that says "Hasselblad should do this because their competitor is doing this" is completely contrary to my way of thinking. I want Hasselblad to do what Hasselblad does, not what Fuji does. If all that is wanted is the latest, hottest spec sheet available now now! NOW!, well, that's a perspective very different from mine about camera equipment and camera brands.

    G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts and Vermont
    Posts
    1,254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Here's what I wrote on another Forum where someone was very upset about the delays in the shipment of X1D II bodies:
    "I believe the vast majority of current and prospective buyers are happy with their Hasselblad system and are willing to accept the company's limitations. Everything in life, whether it's camera systems or personal relationships, involves trade offs. Pluses and minuses. We all have to decide what works for us. I personally can deal with the wait for lenses, bodies and accessories. If what was ultimately delivered wasn't exceptional for my needs, I would move on myself. It seems to me that the trade offs for YOU in buying and using Hasselblad equipment just aren't worth it, and you are banging your head against the wall. I am not trying to tell you are wrong. It's all personal. However, complaining is a waste of time. It's not going to change things. Hasselblad is a small company and they just cannot keep up with the Fujis, Sonys, Nikons and Canons of the world in the compressed product cycle that these companies run on. And, at the end of the day, it's about cameras and lenses. I have lots of them. It's not like I am waiting for an organ transplant."
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #23
    Workshop Member glenerrolrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I know for a fact that Fuji is shipping GFX all the time. All this talk about no shipments after the initial release is BS. The demand is huge and more than Hasselblad could ever deliver. (Just look at Hasselblad Financial numbers and you know how much they could have sold)

    I don’t get why Hasselblad waited so long to announce a camera which is shipping so much later... nearly as bad as Phase One did with the IQ4...
    HB hasn t finished filing the orders on version 1 ..remember they had 30,000 on order ! Such B.S. simple answer is they aren t able to produce them at a steady rate or they would know exactly how far behind they are . Overwhelmed by orders ....

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts and Vermont
    Posts
    1,254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    HB hasn t finished filing the orders on version 1 ..remember they had 30,000 on order ! Such B.S. simple answer is they aren t able to produce them at a steady rate or they would know exactly how far behind they are . Overwhelmed by orders ....
    How long did you have to wait after you ordered your X1D?

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    Here's what I wrote on another Forum where someone was very upset about the delays in the shipment of X1D II bodies:
    "I believe the vast majority of current and prospective buyers are happy with their Hasselblad system and are willing to accept the company's limitations. Everything in life, whether it's camera systems or personal relationships, involves trade offs. Pluses and minuses. We all have to decide what works for us. I personally can deal with the wait for lenses, bodies and accessories. If what was ultimately delivered wasn't exceptional for my needs, I would move on myself. It seems to me that the trade offs for YOU in buying and using Hasselblad equipment just aren't worth it, and you are banging your head against the wall. I am not trying to tell you are wrong. It's all personal. However, complaining is a waste of time. It's not going to change things. Hasselblad is a small company and they just cannot keep up with the Fujis, Sonys, Nikons and Canons of the world in the compressed product cycle that these companies run on. And, at the end of the day, it's about cameras and lenses. I have lots of them. It's not like I am waiting for an organ transplant."
    Nikon has revenues of ~$6.5 billion, DJI ~ $3 billion.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppler9000 View Post
    Nikon has revenues of ~$6.5 billion, DJI ~ $3 billion.
    Even if DJI owns large part of Hasselblad, Hasselblad it is not merged with DJI, i.e., its profitability and accounting is very likely (and hopefully) separated from DJI.

  27. #27
    Subscriber Member jotloob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    KEMPTEN / GERMANY
    Posts
    1,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    122

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    My dealers notice for delivery of the X1D II was , that delivery would start in week 31 .
    Now the notice has changed to : delivery time is 13 weeks .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  28. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    My dealers notice for delivery of the X1D II was , that delivery would start in week 31 .
    Now the notice has changed to : delivery time is 13 weeks .
    So does that mean week 44 (31+13)? That would be end of October, beginning of Novemeber. I am looking forward to getting the improved X1D - taps fingernails on desk Making good use of the X1D-4116 in the meantime.

    Kind regards, Glenn

  29. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppler9000 View Post
    Nikon has revenues of ~$6.5 billion, DJI ~ $3 billion.
    FWIW the Nikon division that includes cameras reports revenue of about $2.7 billion (including a lot of things besides just cameras) - the bad news is their business is shrinking at the rate of about 17% per year.

    In March total camera unit sales were down about 481,000 units year-over-year (1.106m total).

    Hasselblad is a tiny fraction (best guess around $100m) of the size of the Nikon imaging division (although that's not quite fair since the Nikon business unit includes other products). No matter how you slice it, Hasselblad is a "boutique" or "niche" supplier - which is fine, since I appreciate what they do, how they do it, and it works well for my projects.

    No news here, we all know this, the traditional camera business faces challenges - I'm grateful that companies like Hasselblad and Leica continue to exist as well as challengers like Sony and Fuji - we have so many choices today! And yes I'm counting the days until we start getting our X1Dii's

    Kind regards, Glenn

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by SrMphoto View Post
    Even if DJI owns large part of Hasselblad, Hasselblad it is not merged with DJI, i.e., its profitability and accounting is very likely (and hopefully) separated from DJI.
    My point is that Hasselbald being majority owned by a large company with strong growth prospects is not the same as Hasselblad as a small, possibly under-capitalized lone wolf.

    I wonder how capital markets would view lending to Nikon, whose market share has flushed and whose growth prospects seem murky, at best, operating in a shrinking segment, versus lending to DJI, one of the biggest players in a rapidly growing segment.

  31. #31
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    The size of Nikon's business, or DJI's business, is even less relevant to the question of when Hasselblad will deliver the products they've announced than whether Hasselblad should try to be like Fuji with their products.

    I'm sure that the folks at Hasselblad are even more eager to ship their new products than any of us are to receive them, and will do so as soon as they are able to. We have no choice but to be patient and wait for them, or we can choose to cancel our orders. Getting annoyed by the wait and whining about it serves no purpose, just wastes energy needlessly.

    I know what I'm going to do...*

    G


    * ... to wit: Play with the notions of what field of view my various lenses adapted to the 907x will produce, and think about what subjects I'm going to photograph when the equipment arrives.
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Godfrey, that was my point "making good use of the X1D-4116 in the meantime".

    Glenn

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    The size of Nikon's business, or DJI's business, is even less relevant to the question of when Hasselblad will deliver the products they've announced than whether Hasselblad should try to be like Fuji with their products.

    I'm sure that the folks at Hasselblad are even more eager to ship their new products than any of us are to receive them, and will do so as soon as they are able to. We have no choice but to be patient and wait for them, or we can choose to cancel our orders. Getting annoyed by the wait and whining about it serves no purpose, just wastes energy needlessly.

    I know what I'm going to do...*

    G


    * ... to wit: Play with the notions of what field of view my various lenses adapted to the 907x will produce, and think about what subjects I'm going to photograph when the equipment arrives.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  33. #33
    Senior Member DougDolde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    It obviously does not pay to be an early adopter. You are helping fund R&D for Hasselblad

  34. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    The size of Nikon's business, or DJI's business, is even less relevant to the question of when Hasselblad will deliver the products they've announced than whether Hasselblad should try to be like Fuji with their product.
    Can you explain how the ability to bring products to market is independent of the capital resources available to the manufacturer?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #35
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppler9000 View Post
    Can you explain how the ability to bring products to market is independent of the capital resources available to the manufacturer?
    If you ask that question, then it is obvious you did not understand the point of my post at all.

    G

  36. #36
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    8,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    It obviously does not pay to be an early adopter. You are helping fund R&D for Hasselblad
    Stating that the way you did, you imply that there is something wrong in doing so. In the last analysis, every customer who buys the product is "helping fund R&D for Hasselblad" because where else would the money for the R&D come from other than from sales of the products that are produced by those endeavors?

    This is just getting silly.

    G

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    First, please provide actual evidence that DJI "owns" Hasselblad.

    Second, please provide actual evidence of Hasselblad management team members that are appointed by DJI.

    If not, then it matters not whether DJI has "substantial investment" in Hasselblad.

  38. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    First, please provide actual evidence that DJI "owns" Hasselblad.

    Second, please provide actual evidence of Hasselblad management team members that are appointed by DJI.

    If not, then it matters not whether DJI has "substantial investment" in Hasselblad.
    Do you actually believe that a well-capitalized business and a poorly-capitalized one are equally equipped to bring products to market in a timely fashion?

    Whether DJI chooses to actually deploy more captial is a separate question, obviously.

    Do you doubt that DJI bought Hasselblad?

    A quick google of “dji” “acquisition” “hasselblad” will lead you to articles on the acquisition.

    Would this constitute “actual” evidience? It is not clear what the modifier “actual” was intended to connote.

  39. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    If you ask that question, then it is obvious you did not understand the point of my post at all.

    G
    Perhaps you could clarify, then, the relevance or irrelevance of internal capital resources with regard to a company’s ability to bring products to market.

    My initial question was based on the inference that you felt the size and capitalization of a company are not particularly relevant to its ability to bring products to market. Was my inference incorrect?

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    All articles point to the original post in Luminous Landscape. Do your research. There has been NO official confirmation.

    We all can speculate, but then going on speculations and running off the rails

  41. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppler9000 View Post
    Do you actually believe that a well-capitalized business and a poorly-capitalized one are equally equipped to bring products to market in a timely fashion?

    Whether DJI chooses to actually deploy more captial is a separate question, obviously.

    Do you doubt that DJI bought Hasselblad?

    A quick google of “dji” “acquisition” “hasselblad” will lead you to articles on the acquisition.

    Would this constitute “actual” evidience? It is not clear what the modifier “actual” was intended to connote.
    There are rumors, confirmed by "sources" that DJI has a majority stake in Hasselblad. There is no actual evidence as hard as I tried to find it. IMO, it is likely that DJI acquired a majority stake, but I do not know of any confirmation.

    If you were able to find actual evidence of the majority stake in Hasselblad, please share it.

  42. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    All articles point to the original post in Luminous Landscape. Do your research. There has been NO official confirmation.

    We all can speculate, but then going on speculations and running off the rails
    Techcrunch confirmed the story from multiple independent sources, it seems. I have no way to solicit official confirmation, I’m afraid.

    You wrote:

    “it matters not whether DJI has "substantial investment" in Hasselblad.”

    You are saying that the ownership question isn’t even relevant here.

    So, again, do you really not understand that bringing products to market is costly, and that having more capital makes it more feasible?

  43. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by SrMphoto View Post
    There are rumors, confirmed by "sources" that DJI has a majority stake in Hasselblad. There is no actual evidence as hard as I tried to find it. IMO, it is likely that DJI acquired a majority stake, but I do not know of any confirmation.

    If you were able to find actual evidence of the majority stake in Hasselblad, please share it.
    I can provide no proof.

    I will point out that Hasselblad hasn’t issued any statements I could find denying the acquisition. It is hard to imagine them remaining silent if it wasn’t true. Not dispositive, I realize.

  44. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    The deliveries have apparently started. Vieri (Italy) got one. Don Trammel in Finnland got one (see Facebook group).

  45. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Don't put words in my mouth.

    Read what I wrote. I said, there is no evidence that DJI is influencing Hasselblad's decisions in anyway. You can speculate all you want, and "it would make sense to..." but you are not DJI nor are you Hasselblad.

    If there is an article claiming that they "confirmed" with multiple sources, I am sure you can provide such link

    https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/05/dj...amera-company/

    "Now Luminous Landscape has reported, and multiple industry insiders have told TechCrunch, that DJI has acquired Hasselblad, not outright, but taking a majority stake in the camera company...."

    Let's see, does it say DJI have people sitting on the board? Does it say DJI is running the management?

  46. #46
    Workshop Member glenerrolrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth.

    Read what I wrote. I said, there is no evidence that DJI is influencing Hasselblad's decisions in anyway. You can speculate all you want, and "it would make sense to..." but you are not DJI nor are you Hasselblad.

    If there is an article claiming that they "confirmed" with multiple sources, I am sure you can provide such link

    https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/05/dj...amera-company/

    "Now Luminous Landscape has reported, and multiple industry insiders have told TechCrunch, that DJI has acquired Hasselblad, not outright, but taking a majority stake in the camera company...."

    Let's see, does it say DJI have people sitting on the board? Does it say DJI is running the management?
    One of the old posts linked to a Swedish Financial report that showed that HB had defaulted on their loan form DJI and that DJI now owned 100% of HB . Posting on forum creates no obligation to do the research necessary to “Prove It” . There are so many facts that point to HB being capital constrained that even a noice financial analyst would recognize it . Example they decided not to bring the New Cv50 2 back to market because they wanted to dedicate their commitment to sensors to the X1D . This was in a quote from HB interview .

    From purely business perspective ...any delay in the shipments of a new product should be a cause for concern . One ....why ? Have they identified problems with the product itself that need to be corrected now to avoid warranty issues later . Two..what is the impact on cash flow and thus working capital requirements ...when product isn t shipping . Classic insolvency scenario . Three ..when faced with a working capital crunch .....you cut back on investments like R&D and focus on sales to bring cash in .

    Its pretty much a given that these discussion highlight a basic lack of financial perspective .
    Roger Dunham
    http://rogerdunham.com/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #47
    Senior Member vieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Ginesio, Italy
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by SrMphoto View Post
    The deliveries have apparently started. Vieri (Italy) got one. Don Trammel in Finnland got one (see Facebook group).
    I don't know about Finland, but unfortunately deliveries haven't started in Italy yet. The camera I got is a Demo unit, as I said in the video posted in the FB group you mention, which I got thanks to the generosity of FOWA (Hasselblad Italian distributor) and NewOldCamera (my favourite dealer). My personal unit, the one I ordered, is still MIA

    Best regards,

    Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Formatt-Hitech Signature Artist | ABIPP EP
    WORKSHOPS | FINE ART PRINTS | PORTFOLIO | THE BLOG

  48. #48
    Senior Member Joe Colson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by vieri View Post
    I don't know about Finland, but unfortunately deliveries haven't started in Italy yet. The camera I got is a Demo unit, as I said in the video posted in the FB group you mention, which I got thanks to the generosity of FOWA (Hasselblad Italian distributor) and NewOldCamera (my favourite dealer). My personal unit, the one I ordered, is still MIA

    Best regards,

    Vieri
    Vieri, demo or not, I'd like to hear your impressions of the X1D II compared to the X1D you've been using. Will you be publishing an article in your blog? Like you, I have ordered the X1D II and am patiently waiting.

    Joe
    _________________________________
    Joe Colson Photography

  49. #49
    Senior Member vieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Ginesio, Italy
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Vieri, demo or not, I'd like to hear your impressions of the X1D II compared to the X1D you've been using. Will you be publishing an article in your blog? Like you, I have ordered the X1D II and am patiently waiting.

    Joe
    Joe,

    I started writing as we speak will publish a review in the upcoming days, hopefully real soon. Best regards,

    Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Formatt-Hitech Signature Artist | ABIPP EP
    WORKSHOPS | FINE ART PRINTS | PORTFOLIO | THE BLOG
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  50. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hasselblad X1D II Deliveries/Delays?

    Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    Three ..when faced with a working capital crunch .....you cut back on investments like R&D and focus on sales to bring cash in .

    Its pretty much a given that these discussion highlight a basic lack of financial perspective .
    And the world pretty much gave them a pass on this last time around, with the original, half-finished X1D.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •