The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa back adapter question

jodad

When you have a back adapter to fit for eg Mamiya backs on your ALPA, can you fit any Mamiya back as long as its not more than 6x9 or are the adapters made for each specific format? So if i have a mamiya back adapter with a 6x8 already in use on the camera, can i also use a Mamiya 6x7 back with that same adapter??

algrove

If you acquire a Phase back prior to the IQ3 series I have an Alpa adapter for Phase models #MA645AB I am willing to part with.

beano_z

When you have a back adapter to fit for eg Mamiya backs on your ALPA, can you fit any Mamiya back as long as its not more than 6x9 or are the adapters made for each specific format? So if i have a mamiya back adapter with a 6x8 already in use on the camera, can i also use a Mamiya 6x7 back with that same adapter??
If I remember correctly ALPA has two versions (actually 3) of the Mamiya back adapter, one for the digital backs (this has two versions, one for the older backs and a newer one with a larger cutout to have the necessary clearance for the increased amount of contact pins in the newer digital backs) and the other for the Mamiya motorised film backs.

This adapter for the film backs (6x8 or 6x9) has an additional push button / cantilever built in so that after every shot you can press it and it triggers the back to wind to the next frame. This would be impossible to do with you fingertips if you don't take off the back between shots. But I guess you could always manually wind your film back....

jodad

If I remember correctly ALPA has two versions (actually 3) of the Mamiya back adapter, one for the digital backs (this has two versions, one for the older backs and a newer one with a larger cutout to have the necessary clearance for the increased amount of contact pins in the newer digital backs) and the other for the Mamiya motorised film backs.

This adapter for the film backs (6x8 or 6x9) has an additional push button / cantilever built in so that after every shot you can press it and it triggers the back to wind to the next frame. This would be impossible to do with you fingertips if you don't take off the back between shots. But I guess you could always manually wind your film back....
Yep, lost a couple frames accidentally like that :loco::banghead: "oooww whats this button?"..."ahh damn!"