The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ4 150 discounts

RLB

I don’t see how this “re-certification” helps the buyer in any way.

Note that when dealers sell used backs, it would seem that they only come with a one year warranty.

Where is the benefit to the end user of taking in a back with 4 years warranty, and then turning it around and offering it with just one?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

According to P1, the new product warranty remains with the product regardless of forward ownership. My statement about "recertification" applies to DB's that are beyond the initial factory warranty, whereby the new owner enjoys 1 year warranty.

R

Steve Hendrix

The factory warranty follows the product, regardless of owner.

Capture Integration warranty policy is below :

1) Certified Pre-Owned Digital Back that comes from Phase One: 1 Year Warranty

2) Certified Pre-Owned Digital Back that comes to our inventory via end user trade in with existing factory warranty in excess of 1 year: Whatever remains of the factory warranty

3) Certified Pre-Owned Digital Back that comes to our inventory via end user trade in with expired or less than 1 year warranty: 1 Year Warranty*
* Not all dealers offer 1 year warranty in this situation.

Regarding the pricing of the IQ3 100 at various times this year, keep in mind that some promotions are not advertised. And some promotions have expirations. You should always ask your dealer what can be done.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Correct. But when buying a used back from a dealer, it only comes with one year warranty, or at least, that’s what’s I have seen mentioned on websites where they are listed for sale (at higher prices than the dealers were apparently selling them new earlier in the year!)

Kind regards,

Gerald.
What would be the best route to go to find warranty information for my IQ3 back? I purchased it through Camera West, who i believe is an authorized Phase dealer.

Fuji GFX 100 will certainly set a new benchmark on performance vs. value. Will be interesting to see how P1 will respond.
I believe that the GFX (and to some extent X1d) mirrorless MF offerings have put downward pricing pressure on the medium format SLR systems, but I appreciate that Phase is sticking to their guns and not further diluting their product offerings (and as a result, placing less focus on their high-end pro gear) in the interest of potential revenue from a brand new market segment.

kdphotography

What would be the best route to go to find warranty information for my IQ3 back? I purchased it through Camera West, who i believe is an authorized Phase dealer.
If your camera, lenses, and MFDB are registered with Phase One on their website----your account profile will list your equipment and corresponding warranty.

ken

gerald.d

The factory warranty follows the product, regardless of owner.

Capture Integration warranty policy is below :

1) Certified Pre-Owned Digital Back that comes from Phase One: 1 Year Warranty

2) Certified Pre-Owned Digital Back that comes to our inventory via end user trade in with existing factory warranty in excess of 1 year: Whatever remains of the factory warranty

3) Certified Pre-Owned Digital Back that comes to our inventory via end user trade in with expired or less than 1 year warranty: 1 Year Warranty*
* Not all dealers offer 1 year warranty in this situation.

Regarding the pricing of the IQ3 100 at various times this year, keep in mind that some promotions are not advertised. And some promotions have expirations. You should always ask your dealer what can be done.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Thanks for the clarification. That makes a lot more sense.

But correct me if I’m wrong, when the IQ3 100 was introduced, did they not all come with the 5 year warranty? Maybe I’m misremembering, but I was sure there was a change to the warranty offer.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

/edit

Oh. I didn’t read your full post correctly.

For scenario 1, it would seem that if a back with greater than 1 year left on its warranty somehow winds its way to a dealer via Phase One themselves, the extended warranty is stripped away, and only a single year is offered.

Steve Hendrix

Thanks for the clarification. That makes a lot more sense.

But correct me if I’m wrong, when the IQ3 100 was introduced, did they not all come with the 5 year warranty? Maybe I’m misremembering, but I was sure there was a change to the warranty offer.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

/edit

Oh. I didn’t read your full post correctly.

For scenario 1, it would seem that if a back with greater than 1 year left on its warranty somehow winds its way to a dealer via Phase One themselves, the extended warranty is stripped away, and only a single year is offered.

This would be the case in some situations, well actually, all situations with IQ3 100, since the IQ3 100 was introduced in January 2016 and sold with 5 year warranty through September of 2019. They do strip away the warranty to 1 year, whether it is purchased as new or pre-owned. They clearly want only latest greatest products to have the 5 year warranty to differentiate. And they are much more aggressive in terms of relative pricing on IQ3 100 (which is less than half the price of an IQ4 100 Trichromatic), so reducing the warranty does also help limit their cost exposure. Of course, they could have kept the original warranty term and made the pricing a bit higher, but the warranty terms would have had very diverse variations, some could have had 4+ years, some could have had 1+ years, so not as easy to have a single price point.

Just surmising. Anyway, that is what it is.

Steve Hendrix/CI