The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Xpan lenses on X1D - worthwhile?

Swissblad

Hi folks,
with the pending release of the new version 2 of the X1D - and the CFV/907X combo - we were wondering if it is worthwhile resurrecting our Xpan kit.....
Am particularly interested in user experience with the 30mm Xpan lens - and its use in pano mode.
Thanks for any input.
Cheers
SB :cool:

Hi folks,
with the pending release of the new version 2 of the X1D - and the CFV/907X combo - we were wondering if it is worthwhile resurrecting our Xpan kit.....
Am particularly interested in user experience with the 30mm Xpan lens - and its use in pano mode.
Thanks for any input.
Cheers
SB :cool:
I would say that the short answer is yes. Well unless you're looking for the last ounce of quality. I've been using the exact setup for my lightweight travel / backpacking kit for over a year and am pretty darn happy. That said, I'm totally sure that modern XCD lenses are better in most / every way than the old Xpan lenses. Well expect in weight and size which is why I use them.

Bill