The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D II review

bab

When Hasselblad had the 500 series cameras in the line up the camera, lenses and accessories were a complete system. Most of the old system was well thought out, functional and lusted by pros. Hasselblad was strong competition and managed intelligently with real passion, common sense and a desire to be the best in class. Today following the core beliefs of the REAL Hasselblad Company is all but gone. Lots of talking, marketing but no follow through on innovations.

The list of could, would and should is long. Almost every category of camera, lens, accessories and third party contribution is a failure. They still own best color, best tehthered shooting and best design everything else falls short of should of, could of and thats a fact. No live raw histogram by channel is criminal but there are many other basic software and hardware functions that are deleted.

Ya I get on without with my H camera but why should I. And why should they waste time and money like they wasted on a really messed up video solution that no one serious would use only to fail and not deliver especially after selling their soul to the devil. What kind of really bad deal did Hasselblad make with the devil where is the devils help? Was the help just more money? For what? That was a waste of money. Wasn’t it the same issue back the last few companies that invested had more money than God Hasselblad blew thru that money too! Shame on them. It’s not my opinion it’s a fact that can’t be argued with.

Oh ya now let’s build a back with a flip screen for all of our old cameras. Forget fixing the H line it doesn’t need anything else and we can’t figure out how to make it work anyway.

Oh I missed this release a new X1Dii make it slow, crappy battery life then will tell them the black out has a specific purpose and the user doesn’t need really good AF. Also tell photographers their not using the camera the way it was intended.

Oh ya will give you a crippled app to use on your phone that has a few good features.

Then Someone at Hasselblad or maybe at the local pub had another brilliant idea let’s give a way cameras and lenses it’s not our money who cares maybe it will sell some product. Really?

jduncan

When Hasselblad had the 500 series cameras in the line up the camera, lenses and accessories were a complete system. Most of the old system was well thought out, functional and lusted by pros. Hasselblad was strong competition and managed intelligently with real passion, common sense and a desire to be the best in class. Today following the core beliefs of the REAL Hasselblad Company is all but gone. Lots of talking, marketing but no follow through on innovations.

The list of could, would and should is long. Almost every category of camera, lens, accessories and third party contribution is a failure. They still own best color, best-tehthered shooting and best design everything else falls short of should of, could of and thats a fact. No live raw histogram by channel is criminal but there are many other basic software and hardware functions that are deleted.

Ya I get on without with my H camera but why should I. And why should they waste time and money like they wasted on a really messed up video solution that no one serious would use only to fail and not deliver especially after selling their soul to the devil. What kind of really bad deal did Hasselblad make with the devil where is the devils help? Was the help just more money? For what? That was a waste of money. Wasn’t it the same issue back the last few companies that invested had more money than God Hasselblad blew thru that money too! Shame on them. It’s not my opinion it’s a fact that can’t be argued with.

Oh ya now let’s build a back with a flip screen for all of our old cameras. Forget fixing the H line it doesn’t need anything else and we can’t figure out how to make it work anyway.

Oh I missed this release a new X1Dii make it slow, crappy battery life then will tell them the black out has a specific purpose and the user doesn’t need really good AF. Also tell photographers their not using the camera the way it was intended.

Oh ya will give you a crippled app to use on your phone that has a few good features.

Then Someone at Hasselblad or maybe at the local pub had another brilliant idea let’s give a way cameras and lenses it’s not our money who cares maybe it will sell some product. Really?
I believe that we are falling into an old trap, that is present in the song. "The way we were" Medium format has not been as good as it's today in terms of functionality for a long time.
Maybe we can remember that, at the beginning of the digital revolution, MF was a tethered affair for a long time.
MF was full of issues, even in the film days, that DSLR did not have, and it lacked some basic functionality (including in some cases exposure tools). The problem is today people buy a MF camera expecting a 35mm camera and it's not.
In that sense P1 did well dropping the crop sensor, they can't compete if we set the P1 system against the Sony IV.
I saw some kid angry at the X1D because it can't track his child running erratically. You are supposed to be a photographer, I tracked kids and sports all the time with a manual focus camera when I had his eyes and age.
It's impossible to make him see that one does not buy a MF system to track kids. It's important to track kids and shoot sports, but one don't buy a Unimog to go to Le Mans.

Hasselblad needs to invest and improve the platform. Really the opportunity with the X1D is almost missed. They invested very little and with little faith in the platform potential. There is no time machine so they need to try their best nowadays with Fuji in the market.

best regards,

MrSmith

got an email about the new lightweight 45mm lens today, i’m not an X1D owner but had a look anyway, was surprised at how cheap it was!?