The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One XF Battery

steve_cor

It was an issue when the first 3400 mAh batteries came out. The heat caused them to expand. The currently available batteries from Phase One dealers are certified, because they have been tested.

--Steve.

Tazdog

Steve,

Two problems one I installed the battery and the body thinks that it is drained (empty), It is not. Apparently the battery is not making full contact with the body leads. If I put small piece of paper under the battery release to move the battery up farther into the body it works fine. I did not have the body on that long but now battery will not release.

Paul2660

Steve,

Two problems one I installed the battery and the body thinks that it is drained (empty), It is not. Apparently the battery is not making full contact with the body leads. If I put small piece of paper under the battery release to move the battery up farther into the body it works fine. I did not have the body on that long but now battery will not release.
Need to send the XF to Phase One. There is a replacement battery door which will fix your issue. My XF had this same problem new door takes care of it.

Should be covered under warranty.

Paul C

steve_cor

See if the battery will release after it cools down. If so, you shouldn't use it anymore. The Capture Integration certified batteries are two for $90.00. The Phase One certified batteries are $70.00 each.

There are two free updates available for the XF. The battery door and the XF optical viewfinder retention clasps.

--Steve.

Tazdog

See if the battery will release after it cools down. If so, you shouldn't use it anymore. The Capture Integration certified batteries are two for $90.00. The Phase One certified batteries are $70.00 each.

There are two free updates available for the XF. The battery door and the XF optical viewfinder retention clasps.

--Steve.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions

Paul2660

BTW, the Phase batteries will also swell this even the 3400 ones, I have one that is about 1 year old, and it is now too tight to fit in the back battery compartment, still slides into the XF, but have decided to discard it.

Paul C

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Need to send the XF to Phase One. There is a replacement battery door which will fix your issue. My XF had this same problem new door takes care of it.

Should be covered under warranty.

Paul C
I have the new battery door and some of my batteries still do not make good enough contact and continue to disconnect.

--Steve.
where can we purchase the CI batteries?