The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XF Viewfinder vs DFX+

Tazdog

Is it my imagination the XF screen in the viewfinder is a whole lot smaller than the DFX+? Why?

Abstraction

I would imafine that the viewfinder magnification is smaller on the XF. Larger vf magnification allows you to focus manually more critically. Smaller vf magnification allows you to see the entire frame without moving your eye.

Paul2660

I believe the focusing screens are interchangeable between the DF/DF+/XF. All Mamiya brand. The magnification to me is the same between the two.

Not very much. Attempting to determine critical focus on a subject with distance features with Viewfinder only, not easy to do. For years the Mamiya extension that allowed you to magnify the eye cup was a good tool, but it's not going to fit the XF.

Paul C