The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PhaseOne CaptureOne histogram and exposure assessment

spassig

Hi

What is the reason for differences in histogram and exposure assessment?
First screenshot show the histogram on back IQ3 50 MP
Second screenshot show the exposure assessment and histogram in COP.
I have mark the differences.

Regard

Jochen

histogram CF001382.JPGexposure assessment and histogram.jpg

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi

What is the reason for differences in histogram and exposure assessment?
First screenshot show the histogram on back IQ3 50 MP
Second screenshot show the exposure assessment and histogram in COP.
I have mark the differences.

Regard

Jochen

View attachment 143460View attachment 143461
Exposure Evaluation presents the image as exposed, with only white balance and base characteristics applied.
Histogram presents the image as currently adjusted and ready for export.

They might be nearly identical (if you haven't changed any default adjustments) or radically different (e.g. if you've applied strong adjustments like curves, exposure, recovery etc).

Another minor difference is that Exposure Evaluation information is available via applescript which we demonstrate in our automated filter-by-over-or-under-exposure tool in our applescript kit for C1.

You might enjoy visiting NYC and attending one of our C1 Masters classes; it covers workflows that leverage both histogram and exposure evaluation, along with many many other topics you didn't even know that you didn't know :).

spassig

Thanks for feedback.
You might enjoy visiting NYC and attending one of our C1 Masters classes; it covers workflows that leverage both histogram and exposure evaluation, along with many many other topics you didn't even know that you didn't know :).
I live in Germany and the next time I don't visit NYC.

Exposure Evaluation presents the image as exposed, with only white balance and base characteristics applied.
Exposure Evaluation mean Belichtungsbeurteilung?

Histogram presents the image as currently adjusted and ready for export.
Histogram from back or in COP?

They might be nearly identical (if you haven't changed any default adjustments) or radically different (e.g. if you've applied strong adjustments like curves, exposure, recovery etc).
I have not changed any default adjustments.

Jochen