The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format Magazine, August 2019

vieri

Hello everyone,

just a quick note to let you know that Medium Format magazine's August 2019 issue is out, with my first column on! Here Olaf Sztaba's announcement:

MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE - AUGUST 2019

The August issue of the Medium Format Magazine is here!
From a fascinating opening piece from Tomasz Lazar to an exclusive and engaging interview with Sean Tucker, we present 160 pages of ad-free, highly curated content you won’t find anywhere else. Make sure to check out our new HOW IT WAS SHOT section with Steven Friedman sharing the story behind his image. Also, Vieri Bottazzini debuts his new column, “Vieri’s Landscape Musing.” You will find rivetting writing and great imagery by Lloyd Chambers, Ibarionex Perello, Lori Levine Ordover, Spencer Wynn, Alex Burke and Ian Howorth.

The Magazine is subscription-only, so - with the Magazine's Chief Editor's permission - I can only share a short excerpt here and an image out of my article, "Shades of Blue":

"Much has been said about the birth of ideas. Ask as many writers, visual artists, composers, inventors, engineers and business people as you want, they will all give you a different description of finding the recipe, gathering the ingredients, mixing them and cooking the dish at the right temperature before they succeed. I concluded there is simply no universal recipe to cook a good idea and no shortcuts to creativity. We all need to work on ourselves, find the process that works for us and cherish, nourish and strengthen it.

..."

If you are interested in subscribing to the Magazine, it is my pleasure to announce that code VIERI20 will grant you a 20% discount on a yearly subscription. Check it out here: MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE!

Have a great day, best regards

Vieri

Steve Hendrix

Hello everyone,

just a quick note to let you know that Medium Format magazine's August 2019 issue is out, with my first column on! Here Olaf Sztaba's announcement:

MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE - AUGUST 2019

The August issue of the Medium Format Magazine is here!
From a fascinating opening piece from Tomasz Lazar to an exclusive and engaging interview with Sean Tucker, we present 160 pages of ad-free, highly curated content you won’t find anywhere else. Make sure to check out our new HOW IT WAS SHOT section with Steven Friedman sharing the story behind his image. Also, Vieri Bottazzini debuts his new column, “Vieri’s Landscape Musing.” You will find rivetting writing and great imagery by Lloyd Chambers, Ibarionex Perello, Lori Levine Ordover, Spencer Wynn, Alex Burke and Ian Howorth.

The Magazine is subscription-only, so - with the Magazine's Chief Editor's permission - I can only share a short excerpt here and an image out of my article, "Shades of Blue":

"Much has been said about the birth of ideas. Ask as many writers, visual artists, composers, inventors, engineers and business people as you want, they will all give you a different description of finding the recipe, gathering the ingredients, mixing them and cooking the dish at the right temperature before they succeed. I concluded there is simply no universal recipe to cook a good idea and no shortcuts to creativity. We all need to work on ourselves, find the process that works for us and cherish, nourish and strengthen it.

..."

If you are interested in subscribing to the Magazine, it is my pleasure to announce that code VIERI20 will grant you a 20% discount on a yearly subscription. Check it out here: MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE!

Have a great day, best regards

Vieri

I sure wish there was a print version.

Steve Hendrix/CI

vieri

I sure wish there was a print version.

Steve Hendrix/CI
I am with you Steve! :) Hopefully they'll add one in time, online is great but reading a magazine like this on paper is a completely different - and IMHO still a better - experience. Best regards,

Vieri

cerett

I am with you Steve! :) Hopefully they'll add one in time, online is great but reading a magazine like this on paper is a completely different - and IMHO still a better - experience. Best regards,

Vieri
I also agree. However, a print version would drive the cost up, perhaps significantly. There is the cost of printing and postage to deal with. That's why there are so many ebooks vs. hardcopies. Perhaps they can offer, as an option, a printed version at a slightly higher cost. Certainly something to consider.

BTW, is there a downloadable sample of one issue?

vieri

I also agree. However, a print version would drive the cost up, perhaps significantly. There is the cost of printing and postage to deal with. That's why there are so many ebooks vs. hardcopies. Perhaps they can offer, as an option, a printed version at a slightly higher cost. Certainly something to consider.

BTW, is there a downloadable sample of one issue?
An optional print version would be a great idea, I surely hope they'll consider it at some point :) About your question, I have no idea, sorry - probably best to get in touch with the Magazine directly and ask them.

Best regards,

Vieri