The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XCD 135mm f/2.8 in-depth review

vieri

Ladies and gentlemen, I just published my in-depth review of the Hasselblad XCD 135mm f/2.8, both with and without the X Converter 1.7.

The page is here:

https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2019/08/hasselblad-xcd-135mm-f-2-8-in-depth-review.html

In short, the lens is spectacular both without the converter, as I expected after reviewing four XCD lenses, and surprisingly with the converter a well. Once more, Hasselblad went for a pretty unique focal length for a prime, in the MF arena where nobody else offers such a lens, offering a very classical 105mm / 180mm FOV equivalent (with and w/out converter).

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments. Best regards,

Vieri

Sanford Lavine

Vieri,

Thanks! When you said “in-depth” you weren’t kidding. I can’t wait to see your images from this lens after your next adventure.

Looking at the specs I noticed the 135mm was shorter and lighter than the 120mm and 2.8 at that. I do like the 120mm for close-up work.

This lens is now on my list. And thanks for the info on the 85mm filters, they may be what I can use on my Leica M lenses on the SL.

vieri

Vieri,

Thanks! When you said “in-depth” you weren’t kidding. I can’t wait to see your images from this lens after your next adventure.

Looking at the specs I noticed the 135mm was shorter and lighter than the 120mm and 2.8 at that. I do like the 120mm for close-up work.

This lens is now on my list. And thanks for the info on the 85mm filters, they may be what I can use on my Leica M lenses on the SL.
Hello Sandford,

thank you very much, I am glad you found it interesting :) About filters, one of the great advantages of the XCD lenses, all of them so far, is that you can use 85mm filters with no vignetting - and if you also use M lenses, that makes it a no brainer. Of course, if you already have a 100mm kit, you can use that as well.

Best regards,

Vieri