The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tethering with a 4150

vjbelle

I don't tether that often but have a few times with my 3100 and have tried it with my 4150 but have run into numerous problems. The file that is created in the sessions capture folder is a .tiff file with thumbnail dimensions (680 X 480) and yet has a whopping size of 200+ MB. It shows up on screen as a small thumbnail. The raw file is written to the card in the DB even though I have designated both the Auto setting for storage and manual selection. The exposure tool doesn't work at all. I would have thought that the live histogram available on the DB would have been carried over into CaptureOne when tethering but it isn't.

I have searched all over the web for basic information but can't find any. There is little to no documentation from Phase. Actually this all should be fairly straight forward. Is this an issue with the 4150?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Am using CaptureOne 12.1 with a technical camera.

Victor

vjbelle

Paul.... In C1 but for 'Camera' preferences - when the camera window is showing. There are two file suffixes available - .tiff and .Qll. That did it. I get to look at a full size raw and the exposure tool functions.

Victor