The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

what straps do you use for your Alpas?

jodad

I have a peak design but its got bits of metal on it that aren't covered and i don't want to scratch the camera up. What straps (other than the official Alpa strap) do you use?

onasj

I have a peak design but its got bits of metal on it that aren't covered and i don't want to scratch the camera up. What straps (other than the official Alpa strap) do you use?
The official Alpa neck strap ends in OP-TECH plastic connectors, so I suspect any OP-TECH connector-compatible strap would work, and probably save you $700 :)

jodad

The official Alpa neck strap ends in OP-TECH plastic connectors, so I suspect any OP-TECH connector-compatible strap would work, and probably save you $700 :)
Its like with lamborghini, even the foot carpets cost as much as the carpets for a full house! ><

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I've traditionally used UP-Strap straps for my cameras especially since they sell modular straps where you can disconnect the full strap from the ends attached to the camera. Very helpful in windy conditions plus it gives you wrist or short strap options too.

Camera Straps-Camera Slings-Leather Wrist Loops

DSPTCH look to have very similar capabilities.

Pelorus

As @onasj suggests above, the generic Optech straps work well and they are cost effective. I like the modular aspect that I think Graham mentioned for another strap - unclip the main strap for story and on the tripod.

darr

This might be committing blasphemy because my strap says "FUJIFILM" on it, but stay with me.

Have you ever found a strap after you have used so many, expensive or not, that is just right for you?
I have lugged around lots of heavy gear in my career so I can appreciate a neck strap that works just right for me.

Also, maybe you have found a great strap, but it has metal o-rings and you fear it will scratch up the ALPA, well there is a solution.

I first purchased this strap from ThinkTank, it is their Camera Strap V2.0, but this one says "FUJIFILM" and I cannot remember where I got it from, but it was not being used when the SWA showed up, so it got a new home. I use these straps on multiple cameras, not just my SWA because of the comfort they provide me. They are also very affordable for the multiple systems I buy for. I use an ALPA leather wrist strap on my TC because it fits that camera well IMO.

I do have more fashionable straps that cost more money, but I replaced them after I found this strap was a great fit for my needs.

If you like this type of o-ring strap, you can still use it with the aid of Leather Protector Covers that do not cost a lot.

Kind regards,
Darr

Here are some phone snaps:

jodad

I have a similar strap to that that came with my Bronica sqa. It’s super comfortable but I keep it on the Bronica.

I have looked at the op tech straps and actually the rubber bits at the top are very comfortable, I think I will be going for one of these :)

Thank you guys!

This might be committing blasphemy because my strap says "FUJIFILM" on it, but stay with me.

Have you ever found a strap after you have used so many, expensive or not, that is just right for you?
I have lugged around lots of heavy gear in my career so I can appreciate a neck strap that works just right for me.

Also, maybe you have found a great strap, but it has metal o-rings and you fear it will scratch up the ALPA, well there is a solution.

I first purchased this strap from ThinkTank, it is their Camera Strap V2.0, but this one says "FUJIFILM" and I cannot remember where I got it from, but it was not being used when the SWA showed up, so it got a new home. I use these straps on multiple cameras, not just my SWA because of the comfort they provide me. They are also very affordable for the multiple systems I buy for. I use an ALPA leather wrist strap on my TC because it fits that camera well IMO.

I do have more fashionable straps that cost more money, but I replaced them after I found this strap was a great fit for my needs.

If you like this type of o-ring strap, you can still use it with the aid of Leather Protector Covers that do not cost a lot.

Kind regards,
Darr

Here are some phone snaps: