The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX 50x, 100 manual focusing strategies

SrMphoto

I also find it very annoying to have focus peaking active all the time.

IMO, Leica cameras have the best implementation: moving the focus ring automatically magnifies and focus peaking becomes active only when the image is magnified.

JimKasson

I also find it very annoying to have focus peaking active all the time.
It doesn't bother me much, but it would be nice to have a way to toggle peaking on and off. On the GFX 100, I have it in the Q menu, but it's a few clicks from "Off" to "PeakRL". Anybody know of a faster way?

Jim

Gerd

It doesn't bother me much, but it would be nice to have a way to toggle peaking on and off. On the GFX 100, I have it in the Q menu, but it's a few clicks from "Off" to "PeakRL". Anybody know of a faster way?

Jim
For the GFX 50S, keep the rear dial pressed and hold until the focus peaking is active or inactive.

Maybe it is synonymous with the GFX100.

Greeting Gerd