The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Deleted

• Thread starter Deleted member 7792
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7792

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanford Lavine

News flash from Northern California.

On Tuesday I was told my X1D Mk II would arrive in two to three weeks. This morning (Thursday), I received a call from my dealer (Camera West in Walnut Creek, California) that my camera had arrived.

My question is: should I go on holiday as planned on Friday and pick up the camera next Tuesday, or should I just stop by my dealer Saturday morning?

Never the less, I’ll be doing some serious testing next week. Will report back with my impressions.

D&A

I received a UPS notice today stating that my X1D II 50C would be delivered tomorrow. Woohoo!!

FYI, I placed my order through Peter Lorber ("PedroL" on this forum), a great guy and excellent Hasselblad dealer in Boca Raton, FL.

Any status updates from those like me who pre-ordered?

Joe
Sounds like its going to be a weekend of fun. Enjoy Joe and like others, looking forward to both your initial impressions of the camera and accompanied images, taken now or in the near future.

Dave (D&A)

Godfrey

It's nice to see the X1D II getting into people's hands! :)
Now waiting for the 907x Special Edition to get to the same point... :D

G

tcdeveau

Glad to hear these are getting out and into peoples hands! Enjoy Joe and others

Hopefully the 35-75 isn’t far behind :cool:

DB5

A few more things that I forgot to mention.

The camera has WiFi but not Bluetooth. That's not a problem for me but may be for others. Some had speculated that the X1D II would have Bluetooth since there was a report of Bluetooth certification.

The "Handmade in Sweden" engraving is still there. And on the underside of the camera, there is "Made in Sweden" next to all the certification symbols. No change from the original camera even though there had been speculation that the X1D II would be manufactured in China by DJI.

Kudos to Hasselblad for the USB-C tethering and charging feature. And for finally incorporating a legitimate remote cable release feature (via the Audio In port) rather than relying on owners to deduce that function by trial and error.

Joe
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the impressions, sounds pretty good.

How is the EVF black out between shots?

Thanks,

SrMphoto

My first impressions are very positive. The camera is quicker to operate, the blackout between the shots is shorter, the startup is faster.

LCD and EVF are a joy to use.

Need to get used to shutter release, as it is different than most other cameras. I typically do a half-press, wait a bit and then press the shutter fully. On X1D II, the half-press is really light. I get surprised by it occasionally, taking a shot when I did not intend to do it.

The camera does not come with a charger, but only with the USB-C charging cable. It seems to be the same one that is used for the dual battery charger, quite distinctive.

By default, the GPS is turned off. It works well, happy to have it integrated in the camera.

- Srdjan

Last edited:

Godfrey

Re: Hasselblad X1D II DeliveriesD

I just published a blog post here documenting my first impressions of the X1D II 50C.
Nice write up.

Don't know whether I agree on the body covering. I remember when they changed it during the beta run, i wasn't so fond of the grippier material they chose for the release camera. It's a minor thing to me, in any event, just like the lettering color. Although I wish they'd have kept the option to order a black body. That's almost always my favorite.

I'm looking forward to the 907x Special Edition! :D

G

hcubell

I just published a blog post here documenting my first impressions of the X1D II 50C.

Joe
Joe, a very well done review that reflects your experience with the system. For those whose needs match well with the X systems’ strengths, an exceptional camera system just got even better.

D&A

A wonderful, well balanced write up by Joe and greatly appreciated, My initial perspective of the original X1D was that the EVF had too low a resolution I could comfortably live with and the start up time and responsiveness of the camera was too slow for my intented use. Obviously some of my concerns were addressed in subsequesnt firnware revisions but not nearly enough.

Joe in his write up of the XCD ver II clearly demonstrated the areas that were upgraded/addressed and for the most part, were focused on my own personal concerns. Obviously everyone has their own expectations regarding upgrades in this new model, but something tells me, those issues or functions not present that required a hardware upgrade, would have resulted in a body costing considerably more than the current price. I think a reasonable balance was achieved,

Switching systems is often a difficult financial task but if I could, the Hassy X1D ver II would be at the top of my list.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

ndwgolf

Joe
Joe
Have you by any chance tried the 80mm f1.9. Im trying to get a body and lens in time for a big vegetarian festival here in Phuket at the end of the month.........I just hope that 80mm isnt going to be too long and slow AF
Neil

drunkenspyder

Joe
Thanks for this Joe. Enjoyed it. As of today, per B+H, my v2 is on its way. I had placed my initial order on announcement day, but then canceled it while mulling it over; once I re-placed the order, I had already missed the first tranche. B+H also tell me the XCD 35-75mm will be in stock on 10/15, a tad late for one trip, but still sooner than I expected I suppose. That is a lens I am eagerly awaiting. In the meantime, now, my partner and I each have a truly portable, lightweight MF camera to use without taking turns.