The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Planar 110mm f/2

Henry Goh

Can you use this lens on Phase One 645 camera with a Hasselblad adapter? I presume this can be done.

Next question is how good are images shot with this combo on P1 backs?

PeterA

Yes you can.
I like the look - so much so I bought three versions of the lens F,FE and also in Rollie mount.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Henry,

Here are a few examples with the 110/2 on a PhaseOne camera with cheap fotodiox adapter and P45+ back. It's become my favorite medium format lens.

The first one is wide open and the second one stopped down to either f5.6 or f8. It's equally adept at wide open apertures for buttery smooth bokeh and stopped down for very sharp images across the frame.

Kurt

fotografz

Henry, the Hasselblad F and FE lenses all can be adapted and used on most any focal plane camera ... Mamiya, Contax 645 ... or on a Nikon, Canon or Minolta/Sony.

The 110/2 is quite unique in that it has beautiful Bokeh ... but in fact there are other FE lenses that also deliver a unique look ... two of my favorites are the 250/4FE and the 350/4 FE ... for purposes of use on cameras other than the Focal Plane Hasselblads like the 203FE, you can secure a 110/2F for less cost ... the FE versions are only valuable for use on the Hasselblad 200 series cameras because they have the "E" data bus contacts for the Hasselblad metered cameras.

Henry Goh

Henry, the Hasselblad F and FE lenses all can be adapted and used on most any focal plane camera ... Mamiya, Contax 645 ... or on a Nikon, Canon or Minolta/Sony.

The 110/2 is quite unique in that it has beautiful Bokeh ... but in fact there are other FE lenses that also deliver a unique look ... two of my favorites are the 250/4FE and the 350/4 FE ... for purposes of use on cameras other than the Focal Plane Hasselblads like the 203FE, you can secure a 110/2F for less cost ... the FE versions are only valuable for use on the Hasselblad 200 series cameras because they have the "E" data bus contacts for the Hasselblad metered cameras.
Thank you very much.

I have seen several 110/2F on offer but most of these were made in 1977 or 1986. If I can find an F version that is made in the 199x, I wouldn't mind. I think those made in 2xxx are all FE version.

Thanks for your input.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Hi Henry,

Here are a few examples with the 110/2 on a PhaseOne camera with cheap fotodiox adapter and P45+ back. It's become my favorite medium format lens.

The first one is wide open and the second one stopped down to either f5.6 or f8. It's equally adept at wide open apertures for buttery smooth bokeh and stopped down for very sharp images across the frame.

Kurt
Kurt,

Glad you are getting good use out of the 110 f/2. It is a beauty, isn't it? Your photography also doesn't hurt in making lenses like this look good. ;)

David

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The Mamiya 150 2.8 . Absolutely love this lens and yes it has nice bokeh. I shoot this lens a lot. One of my favorites in the Mamiya line

Henry Goh

err.. Guy, I think you mean the Sekor 150mm f/2.8F AF don't you? The other 150mm f/2.8 is a lesser known Hasselblad F series lens

fotografz

What about the 150/2.8 F? How good is this lens? How is the out-of-focus bokeh?
Beautiful Bokeh on that lens also Henry. Most all of the larger aperture F/FE lenses exhibit that Zeiss character and micro detail ... and the big apertures provide pleasing Bokeh when shot wide open.

The 150/2.8 F/FE focuses down to 4.5 ft @ f/2.8, where the 110/2 focuses down to a little over 2 ft @ f/2 ... which can account for some amazing shots
close up and wide open ... but a 75 Summilux or even Noctilux type focusing challenge for sure : -)