Site Sponsors

Thread: Zeiss Planar 110mm f/2

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Zeiss Planar 110mm f/2

Can you use this lens on Phase One 645 camera with a Hasselblad adapter? I presume this can be done.

Next question is how good are images shot with this combo on P1 backs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Zeiss Planar 110mm f/2

Yes you can.
    I like the look - so much so I bought three versions of the lens F,FE and also in Rollie mount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow! it must be addictive! Thanks PeterA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Is there an adapter to use Rollei Zeiss glass on Mamiya 645? Just curious

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Henry,

Here are a few examples with the 110/2 on a PhaseOne camera with cheap fotodiox adapter and P45+ back. It's become my favorite medium format lens.

The first one is wide open and the second one stopped down to either f5.6 or f8. It's equally adept at wide open apertures for buttery smooth bokeh and stopped down for very sharp images across the frame.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Kurt, these are nice. This is the Hasselblad version of Zeiss 110mm right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Henry, this is indeed the Hasselblad version of the Zeiss 110mm lens. I simply picked up an inexpensive adapter on ebay to use the lens on my Phase/Mamiya body. Here's a link to the adapters:http://cgi.ebay.com/Fotodiox-Hasselb...3A1%7C294%3A50

Kurt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Henry, the Hasselblad F and FE lenses all can be adapted and used on most any focal plane camera ... Mamiya, Contax 645 ... or on a Nikon, Canon or Minolta/Sony.

The 110/2 is quite unique in that it has beautiful Bokeh ... but in fact there are other FE lenses that also deliver a unique look ... two of my favorites are the 250/4FE and the 350/4 FE ... for purposes of use on cameras other than the Focal Plane Hasselblads like the 203FE, you can secure a 110/2F for less cost ... the FE versions are only valuable for use on the Hasselblad 200 series cameras because they have the "E" data bus contacts for the Hasselblad metered cameras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Henry, the Hasselblad F and FE lenses all can be adapted and used on most any focal plane camera ... Mamiya, Contax 645 ... or on a Nikon, Canon or Minolta/Sony.

The 110/2 is quite unique in that it has beautiful Bokeh ... but in fact there are other FE lenses that also deliver a unique look ... two of my favorites are the 250/4FE and the 350/4 FE ... for purposes of use on cameras other than the Focal Plane Hasselblads like the 203FE, you can secure a 110/2F for less cost ... the FE versions are only valuable for use on the Hasselblad 200 series cameras because they have the "E" data bus contacts for the Hasselblad metered cameras.
    Thank you very much.

I have seen several 110/2F on offer but most of these were made in 1977 or 1986. If I can find an F version that is made in the 199x, I wouldn't mind. I think those made in 2xxx are all FE version.

Thanks for your input.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Hi Henry,

Here are a few examples with the 110/2 on a PhaseOne camera with cheap fotodiox adapter and P45+ back. It's become my favorite medium format lens.

The first one is wide open and the second one stopped down to either f5.6 or f8. It's equally adept at wide open apertures for buttery smooth bokeh and stopped down for very sharp images across the frame.

Kurt
    Kurt,

Glad you are getting good use out of the 110 f/2. It is a beauty, isn't it? Your photography also doesn't hurt in making lenses like this look good.

David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What about the 150/2.8 F? How good is this lens? How is the out-of-focus bokeh?

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Mamiya 150 2.8 . Absolutely love this lens and yes it has nice bokeh. I shoot this lens a lot. One of my favorites in the Mamiya line
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

err.. Guy, I think you mean the Sekor 150mm f/2.8F AF don't you? The other 150mm f/2.8 is a lesser known Hasselblad F series lens

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Goh View Post
    What about the 150/2.8 F? How good is this lens? How is the out-of-focus bokeh?
    Beautiful Bokeh on that lens also Henry. Most all of the larger aperture F/FE lenses exhibit that Zeiss character and micro detail ... and the big apertures provide pleasing Bokeh when shot wide open.

The 150/2.8 F/FE focuses down to 4.5 ft @ f/2.8, where the 110/2 focuses down to a little over 2 ft @ f/2 ... which can account for some amazing shots
    close up and wide open ... but a 75 Summilux or even Noctilux type focusing challenge for sure : -)

Post Thanks / Like

I wish Zeiss would redesign this lens and would make it AF... I guess I am just dreaming...

Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference between the F and the EF version?