The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ4 150 new bug?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
First time out with my IQ4150 using my XF. All firmware upgraded to include the latest v5.01.0 / v3.02.0 firmware. Configured my exposure masks map to show highlights/shadows and clipping.

I noticed that when I shot images in portrait mode the masks are displayed in landscape mode even though the image is displayed correctly rotated.

Anyone else seen this? Landscape images work fine. Also Zone heat map seems to work correctly.

I guess that i shouldn’t be impressed with finding a significant bug on day one of shooting ... :thumbdown:

Attachments

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Don’t get me wrong - the images are fine but if I can find this stupid level of bug in 10 minutes in my first shoot then someone wasn’t doing their quality management job. I’m in the software business and this stuff should never happen this simply.

GrahamWelland

Now if I’d tapped the buttons fifteen times and invoked various unusual option combinations then I might understand. But portrait mode auto display? I’m not impressed with your regression testing. The good news is that the feature I wanted (exposure zone maps) works great :facesmack:

Btw Phase One if you need some help - DevOps and QA is my profession!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Graham,

Look on the bright side. It could have been great UI QC and terrible Hardware QC. :cool:

Matt

Now if I’d tapped the buttons fifteen times and invoked various unusual option combinations then I might understand.
Did you try that? Maybe it's a workaround...

vjbelle

Graham.... I cannot replicate what you are seeing. If I view an image shot in portrait mode everything is rotated properly when I move the back to landscape position. In portrait position everything is also displayed properly.

BTW..... a little off topic. I highly recommend if using the zone system that the legend is set to brightness value vs. EV. Phase uses a different brightness value for the highlight color. I made the mistake of assuming that the value used for the clipping color carried over to the zone system when in fact that color value is substantially lower.

Victor

Last edited:

kdphotography

Graham, Have you tried turning your head sideways? You know, turn your head sideways from portrait mode...

:ROTFL:

Last edited:

Christopher

Graham, Have you tried turning your head sideways? You know, turn your head sideways from portrait mode...

:ROTFL:
The whole IQ4 thing has been going horrible..... we are now a year after announcement and good 8months after first deliveries and still important stuff like Adhoc WiFi is missing. I honestly have my doubts if we will ever see all missing things a a bug free systems. The silence is embarrassing and it says much that even the active dealers are saying less and less.

The IQ4150 could have been Phase One best product so far, but currently I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Sorry being so hard, but time is up and Phase One still haven’t gotten their **** together.

vjbelle

I don't blame some for complaining but so far I'm a fairly happy camper. Even my previous posts regarding issues turned out to be user error. The only thing for me that's missing is capture pilot and even that is something I would use sparingly.

The XF is another issue..... that has to be completely updated. For sure the mirror has to be eliminated and the entire camera made lighter. The only reason I would ever consider purchasing an XF is for focus bracketing and even with that benefit the camera is way too outdated for funds commitment.

Victor

GrahamWelland

Interesting Victor,

Im no fan of the XF’s girth but after months of not using mine I was reminded of how advanced and sophisticated it is as a camera body. It even makes my GFX seem like a hobby camera by comparison.

But then I get reminded of the bulk ... I went out with my 35LS, 75-150 & 240LS and the bag was a reminder of why I like my Actus!

Abstraction

Didn't Phase get sold recently to an investment group? No wonder no bugs were addressed - everyone was busy getting paid and now, the investment group is stuck with a buggy back and they don't know what to do with it, nor do they care. They're in the business of acquisitions, not customer support or product development. The good news of course is that everyone got paid.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Didn't Phase get sold recently to an investment group? No wonder no bugs were addressed - everyone was busy getting paid and now, the investment group is stuck with a buggy back and they don't know what to do with it, nor do they care. They're in the business of acquisitions, not customer support or product development. The good news of course is that everyone got paid.
well, the prior investment group sold to a new investment group. Shouldn’t have affected the company much since they might not have been involved ... unless they sold some of their interest as well. I think they’re minority shareholders at this point though, so they don’t have a lot of say.

It seem like they have one part time guy working on the firmware at this point.

GrahamWelland

In my experience of these take overs the executive management have to buy in and hopefully do well on the flip side. For high level, but not high enough, folks like me the upside (or loss) isn’t quite so spectacular.

The guys building this code are salary men with maybe some stock but not much.

Boinger

Although not perfect! The secondary rear/rail tilt adapters had their own issues of shifting when tightened down so even hardware has its own issues :ROTFL:
Ya one of them let go and let the back of the rodie 23mm smash into my iq4 150. That was a nice feeling.