The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally!!! my GFX 100 will be here tomorrow.

Boinger

Argh,

So I went and bought a 63mm 2.8 today just to see how the camera works and get a feel for it while waiting for my other lenses. It wouldn't work with the camera.

The camera kept saying turn off and turn on the camera over and over.

Took it back to the store and tried their other 63mm 2.8 same issue. So ended up with a 32-64, and that one seems REALLY soft from what I remember it was on the GFX. I am going to try to get another copy and see. Frustrations!

Paul2660

Argh,

So I went and bought a 63mm 2.8 today just to see how the camera works and get a feel for it while waiting for my other lenses. It wouldn't work with the camera.

Took it back to the store and tried their other 63mm 2.8 same issue. So ended up with a 32-64, and that one seems REALLY soft from what I remember it was on the GFX. I am going to try to get another copy and see. Frustrations!
HAve you updated the firmware on the 32-64? All lenses have to be updated to work with the PDAF AF on the GFX100.

Also there have been 1 firmware update I believe for the GFX100.

Here is a link to the page for firmware.

https://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/gfx_fw_table.html
Paul C

Last edited:

ron787

Argh,

Just wondering where you had ordered the GFX100 from? I had preordered from a major New York reseller and have been constantly told that the camera is backordered with no available ETA.

vjbelle

Argh,

I still shudder from the softness of images from my brief time with the 100. I had expected much more - like an image from a 3100. My 4150 with 50% more pixels produces sharp, sharp images..... very unlike what I saw/see from the 100.

I'm staying away for now.....

Victor

ron787

I still shudder from the softness of images from my brief time with the 100. I had expected much more - like an image from a 3100. My 4150 with 50% more pixels produces sharp, sharp images..... very unlike what I saw/see from the 100.

I'm staying away for now.....

Victor
Interesting observation, and yet there are reviewers whose findings have differed. Was your observation taken from raw or .jpg images, and which lens were you using? And could your findings have been settings related? Are you viewing in LR?

There are several articles that suggest that LR users need to augment and change the level of sharpening that the program defaults to. At least one technical tester has indicated that the "picture" level of sharpness for the GFX50s and GFX100 is the same. As my other posts have indicated, I have yet to receive my ordered bodies, so I have no means of testing for sharpness, and I'd stopped using LR when Adobe decided to create an annuity for themselves with their subscription model, and have replaced it with Capture One.

Last edited:

vjbelle

I shot the camera with all sorts of lenses including Tech. No matter what I felt the images were soft compared to what I was used to seeing from other sources.

I'm not going to rehash this. I have some inclings that the camera could have suffered some shipping issues as it was in a large box with no padding and more than likely bounced around alot.

As I said.... I'm staying away for now.

Victor

buildbot

I've had pretty bad experiences with Fuji as well, though unrelated to image quaility, with my GFX 50S.

I bet they are rushing cameras out and are not QC/ing tuning the IBIS mounts well.

Boinger

Just wondering where you had ordered the GFX100 from? I had preordered from a major New York reseller and have been constantly told that the camera is backordered with no available ETA.
I got mine from adorama. I just contacted them this week and they told me my order was expected to be fulfilled second week of September.

So I was surprised when I got my ship notification.

Paul2660

Can’t figure why it would be soft. Might have to call Fuji.

Strange issue on the 63mm also.

Paul C

drevil

Staff member
cant say anything bad so far, except the adapting to the not just slight changes to the operation of the camera, all unsharp images were my own fault so far

great camera

ron787

I got mine from adorama. I just contacted them this week and they told me my order was expected to be fulfilled second week of September.

So I was surprised when I got my ship notification.
I'd preordered from Adorama as well, but still no word from them. I'll give them a call tomorrow, Sunday, and see if they have an ETA.

Christopher

The GFX 100 is as sharp as any of my Phase cameras and some lenses are just way better. As Jim has noted there is no general sharpness problem or anything. No reason to stay away and if you ask me I would sooner stay away from the unfinished IQ4...