The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CFV II 50C

manray

Does anyone have even a hint how much a regular version of this camera is going to cost?

If the new X1 is 5500 euros/US$, I assume the above should be even less, since the X1 has much more inside the body
than just the back. Or is this my wishful thinking?

Another thing, if Hasselblad forces us to buy the body (if that thin thing with a trigger can be called that), and charges
a lot for it, it would turn many potential buyers away, including myself. The only purpose of this back is to be able to use it on an existing V system, for other uses there is already an X1.

For 4000, they would sell them like hot cakes. Mint, used Fuji RFs can be had for less. Think, Hasselblad.

anyone

I guess for many users (including me) the proposition of using an existing Hasselblad V system, technical camera, AND X-lenses sounds interesting. The waist level shooting style is also appealing.

Having Phase One prices in mind, 5.500 EUR does not sound a lot. Nevertheless I'm really happy about the new mirrorless systems in MF, as this brings more volume into the sensor market and therefore leads to a price drop.

manray

@anyone

Lets hope Hasselblad does not exploit the fact that we already have the body and lenses, and charge a premium for it
because we will not be buying into the system we don't need.

Of course, it has yet to be seen how the old lenses perform with the new digital back, in regard of resolution, color fringing and other issues. Hopefully Hassleblad's R&D have looked into this before advertising it as compatible with the V-system. But who knows...

I am so sorry I have sold all my V lenses, leaving only two bodies (553ELX and 203FE) and an 80mm CFE.

It would be interesting to see how 50mm and 40mm focal lengths perform, not to mention the 30mm, since these are the ones that could have most of the issues.

On Hasselblad store (https://store.hasselblad.com/products/907x-special-edition?from=storebanner) for the 907X Special Edition they quote a price of
€7,800.00 for this Special edition. "Out of Stock" probably should read Available soon.
(Domestic VAT in Sweden is 25%. Non VAT price would then be €6,240.00)

In the Box
CFV II 50C with body cap
907X with body cap and lens cap
Battery charger
0.8m USB 3.0 cable
3400mAh Battery
Focusing Screen Mask
Warranty information
Quick Start guilde
Flash input Sync Cable
Flash Output Sync Cable
Exposure Cable 503
Shoulder strap
Stickers for 50 YOM

tcdeveau

On Hasselblad store (https://store.hasselblad.com/products/907x-special-edition?from=storebanner) for the 907X Special Edition they quote a price of
€7,800.00 for this Special edition. "Out of Stock" probably should read Available soon.
(Domestic VAT in Sweden is 25%. Non VAT price would then be €6,240.00)

I am aware of that. My initial question was whether someone would have the price for a regular model?
I don't think anyone knows but I'm sure someone will chime in if they know the concrete number. AFAIK pricing info is not available for the non-special edition model and all we have to work with is educated guesses based on the released price of the special edition.

My guess: if the special edition is $7500, the normal edition should come in around $1500 for the 907x and $5000 for the CFVII. Remains to be seen if they will sell the back/body separate or only as a package.

Godfrey

Well, the 907x Special Edition, which includes the CFV50c II back, is priced at $7500 complete, sans lens. I bet the back as a standalone purchase is going to be about the same as the X1D II body, or a little under $6000. After all, most of the guts of this back are the same as what's in the X1D II.

That's my conjecture. I'm not making any bets. :)

G

Godfrey

@anyone

Lets hope Hasselblad does not exploit the fact that we already have the body and lenses, and charge a premium for it
because we will not be buying into the system we don't need.

Of course, it has yet to be seen how the old lenses perform with the new digital back, in regard of resolution, color fringing and other issues. Hopefully Hassleblad's R&D have looked into this before advertising it as compatible with the V-system. But who knows...

I am so sorry I have sold all my V lenses, leaving only two bodies (553ELX and 203FE) and an 80mm CFE.

It would be interesting to see how 50mm and 40mm focal lengths perform, not to mention the 30mm, since these are the ones that could have most of the issues.
I suspect the lenses will do just fine. Perhaps not as well as the current superb XCD lenses, of course, but well enough to satisfy me. I've got the Distagon 50mm so I'm going to find out how that one does for sure, along with the 80, 120, and 150 mm lenses.

I was tempted to sell off the Hasselblad kit many times because I simply wasn't using it, and mostly because the film capture workflow isn't what I do most of the time now. I'm very glad I hung onto it. I've had my 500CM out since I ordered the 907x Special Edition and have been reminded of what a superb camera it is now..

I should probably have Dave Odess do a CLA on each piece of my kit. Although nothing is noticeably wrong with any of it, I'm sure it has not been cleaned or lubricated for many years. Perhaps I'll start that process soon...

G

manray

Godfrey,

That is a valid guess, even though I am wishfully thinking that the back should be cheaper that the X1D II. But even if it isn't, the rumor that Hasselblad will force us to buy the body for it, would be a huge turnoff, at least for me. Not mainly because of he money, but the fact that I don't need another $1.5K paper weight. I don't own any lenses for it and I don't see myself investing into them in a foreseeable future.

M

Well, the 907x Special Edition, which includes the CFV50c II back, is priced at $7500 complete, sans lens. I bet the back as a standalone purchase is going to be about the same as the X1D II body, or a little under $6000. After all, most of the guts of this back are the same as what's in the X1D II.

That's my conjecture. I'm not making any bets. :)

Godfrey

Godfrey,

That is a valid guess, even though I am wishfully thinking that the back should be cheaper that the X1D II. But even if it isn't, the rumor that Hasselblad will force us to buy the body for it, would be a huge turnoff, at least for me. Not mainly because of he money, but the fact that I don't need another $1.5K paper weight. I don't own any lenses for it and I don't see myself investing into them in a foreseeable future.

M
That's a bit of a negative attitude to be driven by a rumor, M. Why not look at the bright side? IF you can only buy the CFV50c II with a 907x body, well, a lens adapter for whatever FF lenses you might have will likely let you use them to good effect on it, even if you don't have any XCD lenses. Why not celebrate the potential?

I've already acquired both Leica M and R lens adapters for the 907x body ... either should cover at least the square crop (33x33mm) pretty nicely using the CFV50cII's electronic shutter capability. This nets me the possibilities of using the 907x/CFV50cII with not only XCD lenses, but with all of my Leica M and R mount lenses from 10mm up to 360mm. Never mind with the XCD21 I've ordered, and with my 500CM and its lens kit... I'm sure not all will image perfectly, and of course there are always the issues of slow readout speed, etc, associated with the ES, but what the heck? It's far from a $1500 paperweight when considered from the right perspective. :D

G

richardman

You know how rumors started? "I heard a rumor that <something something something>."

There is zero indication that Hasselblad will "force" a bundling of the 907x with the CFV II 50C