The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One mirrorless announcement next week?

BFD

My guess based on the leaked images is that it's still using the electronic shutter in the digiback. The housing around the lens seems too small for an electronic leaf shutter, controller, battery, as well as the shutter release linkage and aperture. Definitely not an FPS.

Curves on the bottom/left side of the body looks like a means to rotate between landscape/portrait orientation without removing the back.
:watch:
The video definitely had the sound of a mechanical leaf shutter so I don't think it's relying on the electronic shutter in the IQ back. So my guess it's the new e shutters that come with the Rodenstock lenses (looking at one on B&H and it looks about the same size as the leaked picture).

BFD

So it's basically a WRS with lenses that use e shutters. Definitely partnered or made by Cambo as you can see many familiar parts even functional aspects even though it's probably a rendering. What is troubling is the rise/fall knob is so close to the back that's going to be really hard to turn that one. Especially in the cold with gloves. If that's a final product, I would say it's another classic Phase One not testing something before putting it to use. Other than that it looks like a nice and neat little package. I wonder, who owns Cambo? Did the company that just bought Phase also own Cambo? Sometimes those investment groups own like a dozen like minded companies.

Steve Hendrix

Alan

The video definitely had the sound of a mechanical leaf shutter so I don't think it's relying on the electronic shutter in the IQ back. So my guess it's the new e shutters that come with the Rodenstock lenses (looking at one on B&H and it looks about the same size as the leaked picture).
That would be cool - I didn't listen to the video earlier. I wonder if it could be self-contained or require an external controller?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hey folks there has been a leak of images from Phase One that should not have been public yet. I think I got them all but do not post them Please. I'm on vacation and your making me work. LOL

Be well

buildbot

That would be cool - I didn't listen to the video earlier. I wonder if it could be self-contained or require an external controller?
That's the open question - are they using stock e-shutters that will need a cable to the body for control, or actually have a new mount with contacts for the e-shutter (WOW if so!).

I doubt they would require something like an external control module like the Rollei shutters have.

buildbot

Hey folks there has been a leak of images from Phase One that should not have been public yet. I think I got them all but do not post them Please. I'm on vacation and your making me work. LOL

Be well
Sorry about that Guy, I won't post them anywhere else.

f8orbust

Be well

Since the images were publicly available through the P1 website due to incompetence on their part, I don't see how they've been 'leaked' in the traditional sense (e.g. someone blows a NDA, stolen etc.)

buildbot

Since the images were publicly available through the P1 website due to incompetence on their part, I don't see how they've been 'leaked' in the traditional sense (e.g. someone blows a NDA, stolen etc.)
They where probably only hours away from getting indexed by a google search robot too ;)

But if they don't want them posted that's fair enough. Much speculation and excitement still left before the actual announcement!

If this is a new technical camera, is that a big deal? What will it bring to the table that is not already available with existing technical cameras? Are there features that technical camera users have been clamoring for?

dchew

If this is a new technical camera, is that a big deal? What will it bring to the table that is not already available with existing technical cameras? Are there features that technical camera users have been clamoring for?
There are features we’ve been clamoring for, but they are all firmware related, not hardware. I must say, what seamed like simple requests have taken forever. Now it all makes sense; they had to integrate them into this.

I can see how workflow would be easier. Dark frames without a Copal shutter can be a pain. Entering f-stop data, maybe a few other things. But, they have proven to be more creative than me, so who knows what they have up their sleeve.

Dave

BFD

I don't think it really brings anything mind blowing to the table. It looks like a nice neat package with a traditional shutter release button and most likely the back/body/electronic leaf shutter can talk to each other. But, yes, it's just another offering of a tech camera that already exists in the Cambo and Alpa world.

RLB

I don't think it really brings anything mind blowing to the table. It looks like a nice neat package with a traditional shutter release button and most likely the back/body/electronic leaf shutter can talk to each other. But, yes, it's just another offering of a tech camera that already exists in the Cambo and Alpa world.
My take on this is further integration of the camera "body" with the lens and DB than the current offerings have. It wont take better photos, but it may make your workflow a bit easier.

Robert