The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One mirrorless announcement next week?

Mexecutioner

Seems like the announcement is a few days away. At least the teaser leads one to believe it is.

I am excited to see hat they have in store.

Last edited by a moderator:

buildbot

Perhaps a mirrorless body that can use tech camera lenses, not unlike a Alpa 12 FPS or something

Paul2660

If it's a mirrorless XF, then all new lenses will be needed. And or an adapter to the current lenses as Nikon/Sony/Canon did. Still the current lineup is massive in weight. consider the 40-80 at 4lbs alone.

I can't see P1 making their own tech camera, they have in the past paired with Alpa for previous mirrorless solutions (like the one with the Alpa camera and 23mm rodie).

Could also be the 5150, which fixes all the issues that can't seem to be resolved after over 1 year on the 4150, due to foot print and size of back etc.

Hopefully whatever it is, has been tested a bit more professionally than the current 4150 product.

Paul C

RLB

If it's a mirrorless XF, then all new lenses will be needed. And or an adapter to the current lenses as Nikon/Sony/Canon did. Still the current lineup is massive in weight. consider the 40-80 at 4lbs alone.

I can't see P1 making their own tech camera, they have in the past paired with Alpa for previous mirrorless solutions (like the one with the Alpa camera and 23mm rodie).

Could also be the 5150, which fixes all the issues that can't seem to be resolved after over 1 year on the 4150, due to foot print and size of back etc.

Hopefully whatever it is, has been tested a bit more professionally than the current 4150 product.

Paul C

I re-rendered the video, opened the shadows, and set resolve definition to 24,000%. Looks like a mirrorless XF body (but I was really wishing for a FW update for our IQ4).

Robert

onasj

I would love a mirrorless XF body... the shutter sound at the end of the instagram video and the blue shutter button together are consistent with a mirrorless body (no audible slap). The #150MP hashtag implies compatibility with IQ backs. In my dreams the new mount offers some IBIS capability.

The image in the teaser is shot from the new body's side (right grip), with what I think is the Phase One logo visible after some enhancement. The white bar on the left edge is a wrist/neck strap attachment bar. See the image below. The grip looks to me to be substantially smaller than that of the XF in proportion to the rest of the body.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 1.01.11 PM.jpg

Last edited:

RLB

I would love a mirrorless XF body... the shutter sound at the end of the instagram video and the blue shutter button together are consistent with a mirrorless body (no audible slap). The 150MP hashtag implies compatibility with IQ backs. In my dreams the new mount offers some IBIS capability.

The image in the teaser is shot from the new body's side (right grip), with what I think is the Phase One logo visible after some enhancement. The white bar on the left edge is a wrist/neck strap attachment bar. See the image below. The grip looks to me to be substantially smaller than that of the XF in proportion to the rest of the body.

View attachment 143898

IQ4 Firmware update first please....

Paul2660

I would love a mirrorless XF body... the shutter sound at the end of the instagram video and the blue shutter button together are consistent with a mirrorless body (no audible slap). The 150MP hashtag implies compatibility with IQ backs. In my dreams the new mount offers some IBIS capability.

View attachment 143898
Good luck with IBIS, it would be another first for P1. It's really a moot point for me, as odds are the price point will be well beyond reality based on other MF mirrorless offerings. The X1D II, albeit 50MP is a hard line in the sand. To their credit Hasselblad has fixed many of the issues they had with first round and came in 2.5K under their opening pricing of the X1D. P1 has never had any stabilization in any lenses either.

Thats a fully integrated camera with chip with both Hasselblad and Fuji.

Will P1 bring out a mirrorless that works with the IQ4/3/2 1? or will it be an integrated back/camera solution like Hasselblad and Fuji. And or will it be a rebadged Fuji?

XF list is around 6K? last time I checked.

Competition is always good.

Paul C

TheDude

Looks like a mirrorless XF body
BFD: "The lens in the Instagram video was a technical Rodenstock lens"

Since Rodenstock apparently has exhausted their stock of Copal shutters while electronic shutter has becoming more useful, maybe something like Hasselblad’s 907X camera body offering an interface between their digital backs and LF style lenses.

But something like this probably would be in cooperation with Alpa.

RLB

BFD: "The lens in the Instagram video was a technical Rodenstock lens"

Since Rodenstock apparently has exhausted their stock of Copal shutters, could be something like Hasselblad’s 907X camera body!

IQ4 Firmware update first please...

(just in case P1 is trolling us)

R

onasj

Perhaps a Phase One tech cam with shutter button (to trigger ES or... in-body FPS?) and compatibility with Rodi lenses (hopefully Alpa mount :)

Maybe with a motor on the lens mount to move the lenses perpendicular to the sensor for autofocus?

For what it's worth, the Rodi lens shown is a magenta-band lens (see enhanced image below).

It's fun to dream.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 1.04.51 PM.jpg

onasj

If the shutter sound at the end of the teaser video is indeed the new body's shutter, then it must have its own FPS, because Rodi's tech lenses don't have leaf shutters (I think), and the sound in the video sounds nothing like a Copal shutter (plus Copals aren't being made any more).

Also, there is unexpected mass and reflections where the lens mount would be... hopefully for the motor that autofocuses the tech cam lenses :)

So mirrorless tech cam body with built-in FPS, plus shutter button, Phase One logo, smaller grip on the right, compatible with Rodenstock tech lenses... anything else we can deduce?

onasj

We know Phase has collaborated with Alpa in the past to create the A series camera/lens combos. Has Phase collaborated with other tech cam manufacturers in the past?

Paul2660

Big brother to this. The A series with a FPS added. Rodenstock lens in preview implies just an upgrade to A series.

8E991A63-D672-48C3-A680-4AF25C4CAA2E.jpeg

Paul C