The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XCD 65mm f/2.8 in-depth review

DaveS

Thanks Vieri, I always appreciate your reviews and comments on your working products.

One quick question, you mentioned in some of your other lens reviews that the newer lenses seem to be slightly quieter than the original 45 and 90 when firing the shutter. How does this one compare?

I own the 45 and 90, and yesterday on a local mountain hike a few people commented on the sound my camera made. Actually some said they liked the cool sound, but just the fact they commented surprised me. Not that it makes a difference to me personally, I was just curious.

thanks,

Dave

Photo: Panoramic 2 shot using 45mm, it was very hazy yesterday, so I applied a lot of clarity in LR. (maybe too much...)
Vancouver Canada skyline with Mount Baker in Washington state in background.

Attachments

vieri

Thanks Vieri, I always appreciate your reviews and comments on your working products.

One quick question, you mentioned in some of your other lens reviews that the newer lenses seem to be slightly quieter than the original 45 and 90 when firing the shutter. How does this one compare?

I own the 45 and 90, and yesterday on a local mountain hike a few people commented on the sound my camera made. Actually some said they liked the cool sound, but just the fact they commented surprised me. Not that it makes a difference to me personally, I was just curious.

thanks,

Dave

Photo: Panoramic 2 shot using 45mm, it was very hazy yesterday, so I applied a lot of clarity in LR. (maybe too much...)
Vancouver Canada skyline with Mount Baker in Washington state in background.
Thank you very much Dave, glad you enjoyed the read :) About your question, in my other reviews I am talking about the sound of the AF motor, not of the shutter's firing sound. I think the 65mm is more similar to the 30mm than to the 21 or 135mm, but these are all subjective impressions rather than objective measurements, so take it for what is worth :)

Best regards,

Vieri