The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W in Aperture Only mount

Pemihan

Does any of you have the Rodenstock 32mm HR Aperture Only mount and if so how sturdy do you find it in comparison to Copal 0 mount?

Thanks
Peter

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Does anyone have the Rodenstock 32mm HR Aperture Only mount and if so how sturdy is it in comparison to Copal 0 mount?
As discussed in our article about the Rodenstock Aperture-Only Mount the new mount was specifically designed to handle the weight of the front element of the Rodenstock 32HR. Of course the only sure test of this is to wait a year or two and ask larger dealers like us how many of their clients have had 32HR lenses, mounted in the new Aperture-Only mount come out of alignment during that time. But given that it's now the same company that makes (and is therefore responsible for the joint performance of) both, and given that the Rodenstock Aperture-Only mount is being made with material/manufacturing science/technology that is decades more advanced than that of the legacy Copal shutter, and given the exceptional reputation, track record, and focus on quality Rodenstock has I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Anecdotally it looks/feels solid in person.

Gerd

Does any of you have the Rodenstock 32mm HR Aperture Only mount and if so how sturdy do you find it in comparison to Copal 0 mount?

Thanks
Peter
Do you miss your lens? :) She has a good home here ...

Greeting Gerd

Pemihan

Do you miss your lens? :) She has a good home here ...

Greeting Gerd
Hi Gerd,

Yes I do :cry: So I'm thinking of getting the Aperture mount at some point, we'll see....... :grin:
But thanks for taking good care of her :thumbup:

Peter