The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PhaseOne XF Crazy Front Wheel

spassig

Hello

Using Front Wheel

As a rule I take a test shot with the aperture set (Av) and then evaluate the image with regard to histogram and zone.
Then I switch to the manual mode by XF Display to get optimal exposure and change the exposure time +- with the front wheel.
It often happened that the exposure time wasn't changed while shooting, but the XF got into the Av > Tv > P mode by using front wheel.
Does someone know this behavior?
Can I make mistake?

Jochen

spassig

Maybe the headline enticed the user to read my message?
If nobody has an answer it should be my wrong handling?
But what can be a wrong handling?

Jochen

BFD

Hello

Using Front Wheel

As a rule I take a test shot with the aperture set (Av) and then evaluate the image with regard to histogram and zone.
Then I switch to the manual mode by XF Display to get optimal exposure and change the exposure time +- with the front wheel.
It often happened that the exposure time wasn't changed while shooting, but the XF got into the Av > Tv > P mode by using front wheel.
Does someone know this behavior?
Can I make mistake?

Jochen
Did it only happen once or every time? You might be touching the top touch screen first and if you have mode as one of your touch screen options, that would be your answer.

spassig

Thanks for Your feedback.
Maybe it’s helpful?
Did it only happen once or every time? You might be touching the top touch screen first and if you have mode as one of your touch screen options, that would be your answer.
It does only happen sometimes.
My workflow in the past maybe?
A) I shoot a test with Av.
B) I analyse histogram and/ or zone.
C) I change from Av to M on XF display.
D) Maybe I don’t touch M before I use the front wheel?
I will check my workflow in future.

Jochen