The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New MF considerations when printing large

dj may

The interesting thing about detail in a print is that people are intrigued when it is there, not when it is not.

I have noticed that people comment about detail in my prints, without suggestion from me. The example below is 90x60 cm from a Leica Monochrom 246. I share this example because it is not medium format, but contains much detail. The feathers in the swan are clearly seen, which people regularly marvel at.

I guess they would like the image if the feathers were not precise, however they would not have the same response to the print.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
As far as Canon vs. Epson, I found no print quality difference between them, but the amount of wasted paper dropped to zero with the Canon - mostly due to the dedicated plugin.
How are you wasting paper with an Epson? I have no issues with that,

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
How are you wasting paper with an Epson? I have no issues with that,
Hi Wayne,

About half the time that I changed paper size, it would take many tries (and wasted sheets) resetting the new size in many places before it would stick. It may have had nothing to do with the printer and everything to do with the OS. I don't know, but I've had no problems since switching. Quite possibly QImage One would have solved all my issues. Dunno.

Best,

Matt

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Hi Wayne,

About half the time that I changed paper size, it would take many tries (and wasted sheets) resetting the new size in many places before it would stick. It may have had nothing to do with the printer and everything to do with the OS. I don't know, but I've had no problems since switching. Quite possibly QImage One would have solved all my issues. Dunno.

Best,

Matt
Interesting. So you’re saying you wouldn’t know it’s a problem until it prints something on the paper, and what it prints is wrong? Mac or Windows?