The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Does anyone like the Alpa 12TC finger grip?

aly324

Hi, has anyone compared the 12TC finger grip with the rosewood grip? I understand the former lets your pinky dangle (and maybe also your index finger?). Is it insecure and uncomfortable? Thanks.

tylerallenmohr

I have both and prefer the 'regular' rosewood grip. For me the rosewood grip is already minimal while feeling comfortable in my hand as well.

If you decide to go with the finger grip, I could offer you mine. PM me for details if interested.

Best,

Tyler

algrove

I have a black grip on my STC and like it. I dont know if its called the TC finger grip. Keep in mind I basically only use it when taking the camera from bag and to put it on a tripod. And the same in reverse. I wear an 8 size glove and my grip extends 2 fingers past my little finger when holding the camera with the grip.

Steve Hendrix

As long as you are looking for as minimal a grip as possible (also at a much lower price than the gorgeous Rosewood Grip, which is my favorite grip), then the Black Finger Grip for the TC is a good choice. Knowing that it is minimal, your pinky finger will not be gripping it, but the grip itself is comfortable for the other fingers.

We have one in our Tech Camera CPO list (at almost half off):

https://captureintegration.com/lowest-price-of-the-year-on-technical-cameras/

Steve Hendrix/CI

dchew

I too have both and think the rosewood fit is better, especially if you are going to shoot without a tripod.

Dave

onasj

I have both the rosewood TC grip, and the ES shutter release grip (black, with shutter button and 12-pin cable that connects to the IQ4, triggering the ES).

The rosewood grip is very nice and does a good job keeping the TC compact while allowing secure handheld use. The shutter release grip is larger, feels even more secure, and is the best way I know of to use the ES when you are handholding the TC. Combined with decent live view and focus peaking, the ES shutter release grip makes for a downright practical (if not nimble) compact MF outfit. It’s what I use to shoot the Cinelux Xenon 100/2 variable aperture lens I adapted to Mamiya mount for Alpa/XF use recently (see my older post).