Site Sponsors

Thread: Need advice choosing equipment

Post Thanks / Like

Need advice choosing equipment

Hi all,

I'm trying to start a project with National Center for Digitalisation in my country. Inter alia, we will need to buy equipment. There are several institutions and companies involved, National museum and Institute for protection of national heritage among other. We need to acquire LF camera and digital back. The work will include repro artwork 2D/3D and some buildings and interiors of national cultural importance.

I need some sugegstions/advice on equipment I can get the best results from. I am thinking about Sinar arTec camera.

Suggestions regarding flash/continuous lights are also very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need advice choosing equipment

Quote Originally Posted by footoograaf View Post
    Hi all,

I'm trying to start a project with National Center for Digitalisation in my country. Inter alia, we will need to buy equipment. There are several institutions and companies involved, National museum and Institute for protection of national heritage among other. We need to acquire LF camera and digital back. The work will include repro artwork 2D/3D and some buildings and interiors of national cultural importance.

I need some sugegstions/advice on equipment I can get the best results from. I am thinking about Sinar arTec camera.

Suggestions regarding flash/continuous lights are also very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    I would be glad to help you with needs, but I may need to ask several more questions before I recommend a particular system or DB. Here are a couple that you can answer to help me get a better idea of your needs:

1. Will this system be used only on the LF camera or will it also be utilized on a medium format system?

2. Will you need a art reproduction stand also?

3. What equipment do you currently have?

You can either reply back to this thread or PM me off line.

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
    Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up