The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question for owners who've upgraded from IQ3-100 to IQ4-150

dchew

My thoughts mirror Wayne’s. Most of my big prints are two-shot panos, so it has to be > 6-7 feet for me to start seeing the benefits. More for others to notice. The upgrade is more compelling for technical camera users because of the workflow improvements with LCCs and dark frames. The upgrade is marginal for XF shooters, at least until everything gets fixed and/or implemented.

That’s one reason I think the XT’s target is not so much existing technical camera shooters, but XF owners without tech cameras. Especially those who haven’t upgraded their back. Want a smaller, lighter option? Get the XT. Oh, but if you want the workflow improvements you need to upgrade your back too.

Dave

Jamgolf

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate it.
After weighing the merits of IQ4 over IQ3 versus the cost, I feel I can't justify this upgrade for my usage.
As some tribal elders here say, it pays off to skip one generation. So, at this time I feel waiting 2-3 years for IQ5 is the prudent approach for me.

A small moral victory against Dante' :)