The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H Versatility

takomaru

There was a small segment about Christopher Burkett on PBS NewsHour documenting his Ilfochrome/Cibachrome printing. Apparently the P-30 chemicals are the problem. He got a chemist to reverse-engineer the P-30 chemicals (the bleach is supposed to be rather tricky).

But I wonder at what stage the age of the paper become an issue (even if deep frozen).

Thank you for pointing out "Bauhaus LA". Will check them out.
Bauhaus only offers film recording at an amazing quality, not Ilfochrome prinring...

dave.gt

The one thing that I find saddening about using the digital back on the H5 is the fact that the original image is not something I can hold in my hand and feel it, smell it, and look through it unaided by a computer. There is something about holding that big negative (or slide), as it brings back memories, because it is the same film I bought, loaded and crafted an image on.

Mojo? Maybe.:)

A tactile connection to a moment in my past? Absolutely.

While I try to make sense of tens of thousands of images on CDs, I have to wait until I can find a CD reader for my old Mac. But what in the world will I do in 5 years? Or 10? Those CDs may be in the landfill the week following my demise and no one will ever know what was on them. Even if they did, they can not hold the original image in their hands.

But the film images... oh, yes, and the notebooks will certainly be more interesting for the grandchildren to view in 30 years, not to mention be more difficult for them to discard after seeing them.

So, yeah, mojo. A part of me, a part of those people who are in the images, captured in a fraction of a second, will be there for me and anyone who wants to experience the moments.

If they don't, I will come back to haunt them and scare the s*** out of them until they do!:ROTFL:

How is that for a pre-Halloween story?:):):)