The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Phase One Firmware for IQ, XF, and XT

Paul2660

To elaborate, from Ken's excellent post. :grin:

The Bob is the Phase One release that came out about 2 years ago, when Phase One switched the port on the XF to the 12 pin. You also have the less expensive Hahnel release.

Bob currently will not reliably fire FA on my IQ4, I am going to try the Hahnel later today.

Bob will work intermittently but over 50% of the time it does not kick off the correct FA sequence, instead it fires a 1 second exposure.

Paul C

Last edited:

kimyeesan

To elaborate, from Ken's excellent post.

The Bob is the Phase One release that came out about 2 years ago, when Phase One switched the port on the XF to the 12 pin. You also have the less expensive Hahnel release.

Bob currently will not reliably fire FA on my IQ4, I am going to try the Hahnel later today.

Bob will work intermittently but over 50% of the time it does not kick off the correct FA sequence, instead it fires a 1 second exposure.

Paul C
Ok, I got the Hahnel cable release, I haven't tried yet. Just updated last night.

Aviv1887

I did a rough check with the hahnel cable release with both regular and FA exposures on a tech cam. The good news is that the Hahnel cable release does trigger with normal shooting. However it does not shoot an actual FA frame in FA mode but a regular non FA frame instead. Otherwise FA does work on a tech cam with the latest firmware.

Paul2660

Apparently, no remote (Per Phase One) is supported for firing a frame averaged shot, which kinda surprises me, as I can't understand why it would be only localized to the LCD shutter?

But the 1 second shot previously referenced is all you get when FA is used via remote.

Paul C

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I did a rough check with the hahnel cable release with both regular and FA exposures on a tech cam. The good news is that the Hahnel cable release does trigger with normal shooting. However it does not shoot an actual FA frame in FA mode but a regular non FA frame instead. Otherwise FA does work on a tech cam with the latest firmware.
That's the same as my experience with the XF..

As far as I understand, in the current implementation XF and IQ4 sequence tools can only be triggered by the virtual shutter button on the LCD or through the XF rear button for XF-specific sequence tools. The regular shutter button including its external triggering options is reserved for triggering the camera in it's standard shooting mode and thus overrides the currently selected tool. I also couldn't find any way to trigger a sequence tool tethered through Capture One.

A few months ago I've sent a feature request to Phase One for allowing tools to be triggered through the multiport and suggested to add the "Sequence Triggering" function as an option to the Button Customization Menu. Then the user could select this for External (multiport connection). This would help a great deal in situations when the camera is out of reach.
The support guy who entered the feature request for me found this to be great idea.

Doug, if you find this useful could you add it as an option to your IQ4 feature survey?
You can remove the request on Battery Status Report in Capture One feature since this has been implemented by now.

-Dominique

dchew

Has anyone on a technical camera tried a shutter speed faster than 1/125? Yesterday, I could not set mine faster with 6.01.1

Dave

Has anyone on a technical camera tried a shutter speed faster than 1/125? Yesterday, I could not set mine faster with 6.01.1

Dave
Dave, ES is limited to 1/125 if you have Antiflickering set to 60Hz. If you turn it off it should go up to 1/4000.

-Dominique