The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Carry on bag for tech camera

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I actually like the tight side access to ICUs. I can keep loose items like filters and batteries there and they don't fall out. If I filled everything with glass, I wouldn't be able to carry the thing anyway. :facesmack:

Matt

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

That was also one of my gripes. I put the large pro ICU in the Ajna and it was very difficult to get lenses in and out near the edges of the bag.

Victor
The larger ICUs can cause some problems with all these packs.FWIW, the f-stop ICUs and [of course] the Shimoda ones fit well in the Shimoda 40L. It's opening is book style, and I have found it slightly easier [though not without some pressure] to get things in and out at the edges. Of course, it all depends on the size of the ICUs, the stiffness of the ICU, etc. I have also found that the padded foam inserts of Pelican 1535 Air cases fit very well inside a Shimoda 40L, and the padded foam is less stiff [though potentially less protective]. This is my primary travel rig. Last pic shows the Peak Designs 20L which is my true carry-on backpack. If folks at the gate refuse to let me carry the Pelican onboard, I move the batteries, laptop, Phase DB, and Hasselblad to the backpack, and check the Pelican. Gate checking is often, though not always, a gentler process than luggage checking at the front counters. The Shimoda shell flattens well and travels inside my checked baggage.

IMG_2721.jpegIMG_2719.jpegIMG_3057.jpeg