The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Picture or Die

Pemihan

One step back, instant 3000ft free fall to death at Toroweap. Very sketchy climbing down, and even more sketchy crossing the split rock below to get to the better photo location.

Not a place to trip...

It's insane, you could put two Empire State Buildings down there on top of each other and they wouldn't even reach the top where you are standing.
I have been in the exact spot where you are standing, I sat there with my feet dangling.... Been on the river too through Lava Falls, that was fun. We camped a little down river and I walked back to Lava Falls to photograph it from below. That was pretty sketchy.

Next time you are there walk maybe 500 feet east along the edge and there's another spot where few people goes...

dave.gt

Darwinism at its finest unfortunately. Sad, but you roll that dice enough times and you’ll get desensitized by it until that very last image.
Ha! Totally understand, yet, I am extremely unable to deal with heights, and cannot look at those. :bugeyes: I would rather have a root canal than open that link again.:)

Never understood how heights screw around with my mind but it is probably the prevalence of vertigo in my family history.

I guess my experience of getting the "picture or die" is forever limited to avoidance of Bridezilla and her mother at wedding shoots!!!:ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I think that heights like these are rather like being by the ocean. Never turn and move with your back to them ...