The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D MkII Firmware update

Sanford Lavine

Hasselblad has just released the first firmware update for the X1D MkII and because of an upcoming workshop I am trying to decide if I should perform it now or wait till I return.

I’m interested in hearing from anyone who has performed the update.

Any problems or surprises?

Any features not mentioned in the “Read Me” document?

Much thanks!

drunkenspyder

Hasselblad has just released the first firmware update for the X1D MkII and because of an upcoming workshop I am trying to decide if I should perform it now or wait till I return.

I’m interested in hearing from anyone who has performed the update.

Any problems or surprises?

Any features not mentioned in the “Read Me” document?

Much thanks!
Zero issues for me. And no Easter eggs for me. I did find their note about SD cards mildly annoying, as the Sony cards they highlighted as problematic were exactly the ones I had bought for my upcoming trip.

DaveS

Works fine for me too.

It might also be my imagination but the low light auto focus seems better. Ie faster and more sure in dimmer light.

Could just be wishful thinking but it surprised me that it is something I noticed every time when I wasn’t looking for any change.

Dave

Qamaro

Yes - Got mine on the 4th in California (was slated for another photog but, he gave his spot to me - since he was on travel - :thumbs:). No issues with firmware that I can tell.

glennedens

I got mine on August 29th. The new firmware is more stable and I agree with earlier comments that it sure seems a bit snappier on low light autofocus. No problems updating although I did have to update firmware in the lenses as well (a separate download that's been up on the Hasselblad site for a while, with all the travel I missed it). The battery life is definitely better as well. It is now really hard to pick up the X1D50c.

Steve Hendrix

The 2 previous posts are from people from the US and Canada so I am going to guess they have.

And we just received our X1D II demo unit after ordering about a month ago.

At the same time we ordered some pre-order client units and are awaiting delivery of those, which we expect within the next 2-3 weeks.

Steve Hendrix/CI

jng

And we just received our X1D II demo unit after ordering about a month ago.

At the same time we ordered some pre-order client units and are awaiting delivery of those, which we expect within the next 2-3 weeks.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Wait. Steve are you guys now carrying Hassies?!?

John

drunkenspyder

Yes - Got mine on the 4th in California (was slated for another photog but, he gave his spot to me - since he was on travel - :thumbs:). No issues with firmware that I can tell.
Yeah, I get that though not as strongly. I had both on a recent trip, and I am glad I did. V1 works more reliably with the TechArtPro Canon adapter and Canon TS17, though not perfectly. I would agree that the II is easier and snappier, but I wouldn’t say the I is hard to pick up. Differences between menus and some settings are annoying (perhaps now or soon unified in firmware updates), but both are still a pleasure. I want the zoom. Would save some body/lens switching.

tcdeveau

Me too. The Hasselblad rep told me "end of October". That's right about now. He told me to call back then.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Joe
B&H says expected availability "Oct. 29". Of course that may mean next week or 10/29/2020 :ROTFL: but I'm hoping they ship soon.

Would be nice to have it for the upcoming holidays, Christmas at least.

drunkenspyder

B&H says expected availability "Oct. 29". Of course that may mean next week or 10/29/2020 :ROTFL: but I'm hoping they ship soon.

Would be nice to have it for the upcoming holidays, Christmas at least.
Yes, and last month they said Oct. 15. All I know is that my order status now shows as “sent to warehouse,” which is a change since about Oct. 10. With the Mk II, that status change preceded shipping by about 7-10 days. Would love to have this for holidays and Iceland.

Tom B

x1d II 50c Dead on Arrival

A x1d II 50c arrived yesterday 04 November at 5:30 PM. I charged the battery until 9:30 PM. When the camera is connected to by the USB cable to a one-hundred twenty volt outlet, depressing the power button yields four red light blinks on the back of the camera. When the camera is disconnected from the charging cable nothing happens when the power button is depressed. I left the camera plug in over night and the results are the same. I removed the battery and metered across the terminals with a direct current voltage meter and read zero voltage.

-Tom Brady-
[email protected]

hcubell

x1d II 50c Dead on Arrival

A x1d II 50c arrived yesterday 04 November at 5:30 PM. I charged the battery until 9:30 PM. When the camera is connected to by the USB cable to a one-hundred twenty volt outlet, depressing the power button yields four red light blinks on the back of the camera. When the camera is disconnected from the charging cable nothing happens when the power button is depressed. I left the camera plug in over night and the results are the same. I removed the battery and metered across the terminals with a direct current voltage meter and read zero voltage.

-Tom Brady-
[email protected]
I assume you removed the tape from the bottom of the battery that is placed there for shipment. I didn't notice that that and couldn't figure out why new X1DII wouldn't charge. I would try another battery before concluding that the camera is DOA.

Steve Hendrix

Woo hoo! Dante just gave me your number. Can you ship in plain, unmarked packages so my wife won't find out? :ROTFL:

John

We can ship in unmarked packages, we can hide cameras in brand new Tupperware collections, whatever you need.

Steve Hendrix/CI