The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D MkII Firmware update

drunkenspyder

Yes, and last month they said Oct. 15. All I know is that my order status now shows as “sent to warehouse,” which is a change since about Oct. 10. With the Mk II, that status change preceded shipping by about 7-10 days. Would love to have this for holidays and Iceland.
But now, any reference to availability has reverted to "Backordered." Oh well. I really, really enjoy shooting the X1D [either version], but this terrible product delivery management is, well, just terrible. Ah well, Dante is a capricious fellow. And yeah, I know this isn't about the firmware.

tcdeveau

But now, any reference to availability has reverted to "Backordered." Oh well. I really, really enjoy shooting the X1D [either version], but this terrible product delivery management is, well, just terrible. Ah well, Dante is a capricious fellow. And yeah, I know this isn't about the firmware.
Terrible indeed....oh well. Sigh.

hcubell

That's a good catch, Howard!

Steve Hendrix/CI
Well, I made the same mistake. I couldn't get the camera to charge by connecting a USB-C cable, and I was assuming it was DOA. However, I had extra batteries and went to pull out the one that shipped with the camera and noticed the tape on the terminals. Hasselblad really ought to put a little sticker on the cameras telling you to remove the tape before charging.

Steve Hendrix

Well, I made the same mistake. I couldn't get the camera to charge by connecting a USB-C cable, and I was assuming it was DOA. However, I had extra batteries and went to pull out the one that shipped with the camera and noticed the tape on the terminals. Hasselblad really ought to put a little sticker on the cameras telling you to remove the tape before charging.

Yes, on our demo unit, I presumed the battery was dead, and pulled it out and then noticed the sticker - it wasn't obvious. I'm in the camp of every little bit helps, so yes, a warning notice of some sort would be helpful.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Tom B

With studio strobes or outside with hand held light meter, I like to shoot in manual mode. (i.e. f8, 1/250 sec ISO 400). With x1d II 50c set to live view off the EVF shut off in a second or two in manual mode. In A,S, or P modes it stay on as long as the shutter is half way depressed. Is there a setting I need to correct for the EVF to stay on when the shutter is half way depressed in M mode?

Tom Brady
[email protected]