The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Credo/IQ3/Stackshot/SK ES - triggering

So I'm trying to rig up a stackshot to my Credo/Actus/SK ES controller and it appears that both the stackshot and the controller employ the same port on the Credo back. I really don't want to manually fire after every movement, so I'm trying to figure out a workaround, however messy that might be.

Assuming the Stackshot gives the fire command - if that's plugged into the back and the flash sync port on the back is connected to a Profoto Air transceiver.. is there a way to connect the output of the transceiver to the PC cable input on the shutter controller?

Or will I get black frames..

Not sure how to go about this :/

Boinger

So I'm trying to rig up a stackshot to my Credo/Actus/SK ES controller and it appears that both the stackshot and the controller employ the same port on the Credo back. I really don't want to manually fire after every movement, so I'm trying to figure out a workaround, however messy that might be.

Assuming the Stackshot gives the fire command - if that's plugged into the back and the flash sync port on the back is connected to a Profoto Air transceiver.. is there a way to connect the output of the transceiver to the PC cable input on the shutter controller?

Or will I get black frames..

Not sure how to go about this :/
Try this.

https://www.amazon.com/DSLRKIT-Flash-Splitter-Female-Socket/dp/B0078ZCX6Y

Boinger

So rather than going into the transceiver from the back and then out to the controller, this would go from the flash port on the back and split one way for the flash and the other way for the controller?
Yep. Would have the same effect I think.

I use one of those in my make shift wake up cable. I have it wired to a remote + lens sync cord.