The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need Apple Computer advice

bab

I have the same issues with Phocus...reported to Hasselblad no work -a -round ,no answers.
1. Phocus should only be use for tethered capture.
2. Phocus will not export tiffs with exif file or at least I can’t figure out how to do it...(contacted Hasselblad twice with this question as of three weeks ago they stopped answering emails?)
3. Importing is only half of the problem exporting also takes forever.
I recently had a large shoot it took the better part of two days to move all files, first into Lightroom for catalogue, then into PS and several other programs to finish PP. Sloooooooooooow.

ndwgolf

I have the same issues with Phocus...reported to Hasselblad no work -a -round ,no answers.
1. Phocus should only be use for tethered capture.
2. Phocus will not export tiffs with exif file or at least I can’t figure out how to do it...(contacted Hasselblad twice with this question as of three weeks ago they stopped answering emails?)
3. Importing is only half of the problem exporting also takes forever.
I recently had a large shoot it took the better part of two days to move all files, first into Lightroom for catalogue, then into PS and several other programs to finish PP. Sloooooooooooow.
Yea I'm now thinking of given up on Phocus and just sticking to Bridge and PScc

citizin

When you say processing, do you mean importing, making adjustments or something else?

I was able to edit h6d-100c files on a dated 2011 13" macbook pro with a fusion drive and 8gb of ram reasonably well given the situation. Even basic mid grade SSD should be able the easily handle what you're asking of it in this case.

For making adjustments, your system shouldn't have any issues. The 580 is metal compatible and should be able to handle making adjustments in real time beautifully. OpenGL on the mac side hasn't been updated since v4.1 summer 2010.

Make sure you're on the latest Phocus, with "Extended GPU Usage" checked in the preferences.

ndwgolf

When you say processing, do you mean importing, making adjustments or something else?

I was able to edit h6d-100c files on a dated 2011 13" macbook pro with a fusion drive and 8gb of ram reasonably well given the situation. Even basic mid grade SSD should be able the easily handle what you're asking of it in this case.

For making adjustments, your system shouldn't have any issues. The 580 is metal compatible and should be able to handle making adjustments in real time beautifully. OpenGL on the mac side hasn't been updated since v4.1 summer 2010.

Make sure you're on the latest Phocus, with "Extended GPU Usage" checked in the preferences.
When I open the philes in Bridge they pop up straight away, same goes for them if you send them to PScc from Bridge its almost instant. I use the latest cFast cards and reader so I don't think that is the issue.
I am going to try this workflow for a while and see how I get on;
  1. Import files from SD/cFast card into Bridge
  2. Cull the obvious unwanted files
  3. Work on the other files in PScc and save them back to the same location
  4. Rename the files to xyzxxxxxxxx
  5. Move the finished files to one of my 6TB drives
  6. Save a copy to Lightroom CC

ndwgolf

When I open the philes in Bridge they pop up straight away, same goes for them if you send them to PScc from Bridge its almost instant. I use the latest cFast cards and reader so I don't think that is the issue.
I am going to try this workflow for a while and see how I get on;
  1. Import files from SD/cFast card into Bridge
  2. Cull the obvious unwanted files
  3. Work on the other files in PScc and save them back to the same location
  4. Rename the files to xyzxxxxxxxx
  5. Move the finished files to one of my 6TB drives
  6. Save a copy to Lightroom CC
I've been doing this for one week now and everything seems to be working as it should.
Thanks for all the advice
Neil