The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about some portraits

jng

John M. you beat me to it. The following is NOT - repeat NOT - a cat pic. Rather it's a demonstration of the bokeh of my (then) newly acquired Hasselblad XCD 90 lens. Shot wide open, because I just had to. To demonstrate the bokeh. :ROTFL:

Ruth
H06_05_2019_0064 small.jpg
Hasselblad X1D | XCD90 | f/3.2 | 1/30 sec | ISO 3200

D&A

John M. you beat me to it. The following is NOT - repeat NOT - a cat pic. Rather it's a demonstration of the bokeh of my (then) newly acquired Hasselblad XCD 90 lens. Shot wide open, because I just had to. To demonstrate the bokeh. :ROTFL: QUOTE]

Oh, come on, lets get real...a cat is a cat is a cat and yours is a cat! :) (an adorable one at that).

In my case it's technically not really a cat.....well, um...OK, so I'm a Cheat-er too. I actually needed to check out the focusing of the lens and found I really didn't have a suitable subject to shoot and just happened to stumble upon him lying out in the open (yea right). :ROTFL:

Pentax 645D; A* 600mm f5.6 645 lens.

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

darr

Ebony 4x5 + Cooke PS945 + Ilford B&W Film

--

My son at 17; now he is 31. Where does the time go ...

P. Chong

One of the most revered of master watchmakers - the independent Philippe Dufour. Photographed in Dubai recently. Open window on my right is the only light. Fujifilm GFX 50S + GF120 Macro.

philippe-dufour-pipe.jpg

cunim

Think I may have posted this before, but I forget.

I rarely shoot people but, every now and then, I give one of the mechanics a photo for his wife. This proud fellow wrenches on both these machines. IQ180, SK 55mm.

Attachments

Ed Hurst

It just occurred to me that Debbie (in my picture a little way above) is "exposed to the right" as well... ;-)

[She is ok with this joke, by the way!]

dj may

Chum Mey, one of 12 survivors of Tuol Sleng prison, standing outside his cell in Phnomh Penh, Cambodia

4x5, 90mm lens, digitized with Leica S, APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120

P. Chong

Photographed some years ago. Chinese opera performers.

Hasselblad H4D-40 with the HC50. Profoto strobes.

AE86558F-D6EF-4C34-B940-10253756CA93.jpeg

FD614429-E170-4BF4-A327-0B84DD737AF4.jpeg

Last edited: