The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about some portraits

darr

Darr, great to see images you took with the PS945. It's still my most treasured lens!
Richard,

I am so happy it went to you and your lovely work.
I do miss it and have been back to 4x5 film for a while now.

I recently acquired a very old brass Petzval that I am playing with.
Using it with an old Sinar mechanical shutter, and sure do miss the Copal 3!

Best to you,
Darr

Oamkumar

Imho, the self-portrait (selfies and selfie-sticks nothwithstanding :ROTFL:) is one of the most difficult to accomplish.

You done good---kudos.

Collectively, the participating thread members have started a Match.com profile for you using your portrait. :ROTFL:

:thumbup:

Thanks friend. I'm a bit nervous in front of the camera.. But this time no-one was around while taking this pic. So I could pose better.. :D

ErikKaffehr

This is one of the few I can share

I am no portrait shooter, but I have taken this one on an event with my photo club.

Best regards
Erik

Pelorus

Hard to know whether this is a portrait or a bleary Xmas morning snap after a raucous Xmas Eve!!

...and it's not MF :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ndwgolf

Please let me out...........S007 S120mm
Not sure if I should have cloned out the leaves but they were there so I guess I will leave them there.
Neil

Attachments

stngoldberg

Three more birds modeled for me today. I read somewhere that a famous portrait photographer once said to get as close to the subject as possible and then get closer...or something to that effect.
I was less than 6 feet away from the pelican with 840mm of lens on a Sony A9
Stanley

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Three more birds modeled for me today. I read somewhere that a famous portrait photographer once said to get as close to the subject as possible and then get closer...or something to that effect.
I was less than 6 feet away from the pelican with 840mm of lens on a Sony A9
Stanley
Well I do recall it was Robert Capa who said “If the photograph is not good enough you’re not close enough”.

Ironic really as he died treading on a landmine in what was then French Indo China.

btw Lovely photos Stanley:thumbs: