The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about some portraits

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
#16C Dusting off the Hard Drives

Miami, FL near the Panther Cafe (excellent place) in the Wynwood area. This was pretty lucky. While I was shooting this wall and the Picasso like portrait on the wall, I saw her coming in that fantastic looking long black and white dress.

Getting her stride just right was the challenge so that one could see the breath of the zebra stripped dress while she was in stride. Of course she contrasts well against the intense red painted wall behind her, but I decided to keep the face on the wall behind her in the image.
Wait! I get an assist on this shot ...as I saw her coming and alerted you . :lecture:

algrove

#17 Dusting off the Hard Drives

While out in the countryside near Munich we stopped at this Kloister. I noticed this unique looking gentleman having a conversation with his two friends and just had to capture him in action. I also liked the glass of weizenbier in front of him while the other two were looking and listening to his words at the Stammtisch-regulars table. Single shot.

Attachments

algrove

#17C Dusting off the Hard Drives

While walking through Innsbruck, Austria we came upon this unique looking band playing music and demonstrating their historical significance with these colorful flag bearers. Just loved the bright colors and unique hats and uniforms.

Attachments

Godfrey

A portrait and a self-portrait:

Felipe @ Alice's Restaurant - Woodside 2019
Mimox 35GT-E + Ilford HP5

Godfrey with Piano - Santa Clara 2019]
Minox 35GT-E + Ilford HP5

enjoy, G

jotloob

Subscriber Member
#17 Dusting off the Hard Drives

While out in the countryside near Munich we stopped at this Kloister. I noticed this unique looking gentleman having a conversation with his two friends and just had to capture him in action. I also liked the glass of weizenbier in front of him while the other two were looking and listening to his words at the Stammtisch-regulars table. Single shot.
Is that KLOSTER ANDECHS ? ? ? A lovely place , when no social distancing .

algrove

#18 Dusting off the Hard Drives

Back to Miami Beach. I was in the Muscle Beach area when I saw this guy moving this huge commercial tire around and could not figure out what he was doing with it. Then he asked his friend to help him get up on top of the tire while in vertical position. Once up there his friend took a cell phone photo of him and so did I. I have been to this location 15-20 times, but have never seen someone do this. I just wish he had put the spray paint writing the correct way around.:grin:

Attachments

algrove

#18C Dusting off the Hard Drives

Way up on the top of the mountain, the Zugspitze, (Germany's highest mountain peak at 9700Ft or 2200M) above Garmisch, Germany I found this nice looking reflection in the glass with a man relaxing with his bier. As one can see it was not winter, but some snow still lingers on the peaks and the mountain top church steeple is visible.

Attachments

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Correct. Thanks, yes it is a lovely place. How could you tell from this photo?
KLOSTER ANDECHS is the most popular BIERGARTEN in the wide Munich area .
I visit that place about twice a year . Its always big fun and a very good atmosphere . Good beer
and food .:clap:

algrove

KLOSTER ANDECHS is the most popular BIERGARTEN in the wide Munich area .
I visit that place about twice a year . Its always big fun and a very good atmosphere . Good beer
and food .:clap:
OK, I thought you knew from the wall texture behind the men or the men themselves since they looked like regulars.

tsjanik

Wonderful images from Lou (algrove). I have nothing to compare, but I do have some from Paris. Jardin du Luxembourg, 1992 and it seems current: not sure what I should do, but something is not right.

Attachments

algrove

#19 Dusting off the Hard Drives

This was taken while this man was riding his donkey home from the local market. It was on the way to Essaouira from Marrakesh, Morocco.

As one can see he did not take too kindly to my taking his image, but I couldn't resist.

Attachments

algrove

#19C Dusting off the Hard Drives

Again on the road to Essaouira from Marrakesh, Morocco. This time this man got off his donkey to beg for some change. He looked so pathetic I gave him some coins which I would seldom do. His face actually looks interesting and his hand shows he works hard for a living. I shot this from the car window with little social distancing- perhaps 3 feet.

Attachments

Last edited: