The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

dave.gt

Absolutely gorgeous! Perfect grain!:thumbs:

Delicious tones...

Note: This image is a fine example why I am smitten with film images. When the magic happens, it is... well, magic!!!

Last edited:

Godfrey

SORRY! I posted in the wrong forum.....senior moment. Although I used medium format kodacolor film and made 16"x20" C prints in my home darkroom back in 1960, it would be a real trick to shoot film in a GFX 50R!
Dave
No problem for me, lovely image regardless!

G

Godfrey

Bummer. I must admit, I'm very interested in the 907 set up... One of the reasons I just got the 500C/M is to eventually get the CFV back for it and have the best of both film and digital worlds. Plus, it's a very inspiring to look at set up. I shot my first few frames yesterday on the 500 and it was a treat.

A 907 would be nice too for the smaller mirrorless set up. Is the special edition the all black one? If so, I'd prefer the chrome bling to match the 500 :grin:
The 907x Special Edition is finished in a color very close to the same satin, light black finish that the Apollo 11 camera used in the Command Module was (the one that returned to Earth). The back won't match my 500CM, but eh? That's a minor thing to me. My first 500CM was the 1979 10-year Apollo edition in black, and I used some of my chrome A12 back on it too. :D

I'm a little sorry I let that one go, but my friend Andre still has it and still enjoys using it. What the heck? Share the joy!

G

dave.gt

Like Godfrey, I miss my Hasselblad V... but one does what one must, right?:)

Hasselblad 503cxi:

Last edited:

gnuyork

Like Godfrey, I miss my Hasselblad V... but one does what one must, right?:)

Hasselblad 503cxi:
As you know, Dave, that (specifically yours) is the first Hasselblad I ever put my hands on... and it's inspired me to get the 500 C/M that I have now (recently purchased too). One roll of film through it already (220 Velvia).

Thorkil

The SWC I have had in 26 years (1993)
Some years later I bought a 203FE with PME wiever, a 50/2.8FE and the wonderful 110/2 FE. I sold the 203FE + the 110 for nothing some years ago, which I have bitterly regret since - but kept the 50/2.8 FE + some magasins.
But 3 days ago I bought a 202FA house for 960$ by a airphotografer, 15.000 shots from his aircraft. New battery in - and its working perfectly! I'm thinking of getting a PME viewer again, while the viewing-angle is nice.
I saw the pilot got a Hasselblad Flextight photoscanner (got a flextight precison II myself, didn't use it, handed it over the OneofManyCameras-store for nothing), I asked..and he offered to scan some pictures (15$ each) when he was grounded by rain. Hopefully there could be funny times to come...

Hassy SWC and 202FA taken with Nikon Z7 with 50/1.8S at iso 4500 1/25(handheld) f8 through C1pro12.1.4

thorkil

dave.gt

Doug,

That Mamiya produces some fine images! I must try one someday.:) Thank you so much for posting on this thread.

It would be great to see more of them!:thumbs:

dave.gt

Milford Sound, NZ. 1980's. PKR copied with XF/150/120 Macro

Bill,

Thank you for the PM explanation of how that image came about and the PKR. Stunning!

People think I am crazy because I love low light, bad weather, rain, dramatic conditions, etc.:):):) (and rightly so)... but this image was made in "perfect" conditions and the image was well-captured, twice! :thumbs:

darr

Palm Tree

Linhof MT 3000 + Nikkor-W 210/5.6 + FP4 Plus + Pyrocat HD

--

A recent test shot from a new-to-me Linhof Techno Rollex 6x12 film magazine.
This is what my backyard looks like, the gorgeous St. Marks NWR.

Hope everyone is well.

Kind regards,
Darr

edit: forgot to add the negative was digitized using my Hasselblad Flexbody + 120 CFi + CFV-50c

Last edited:

gnuyork

Re: Palm Tree

Linhof MT 3000 + Nikkor-W 210/5.6 + FP4 Plus + Pyrocat HD

--

A recent test shot from a new-to-me Linhof Techno Rollex 6x12 film magazine.
This is what my backyard looks like, the gorgeous St. Marks NWR.

Hope everyone is well.

Kind regards,
Darr

edit: forget to add the negative was digitized using my Hasselblad Flexbody + 120 CFi + CFV-50c
I sure could get used to that view form the back porch :thumbup:

kimyeesan

Have been going back to shooting film these couple of years.

Mount Fuji Sunset
Horseman SW617 Pro + 72XL I think Velvia 50

Shanghai Bund Morning
Fujifilm TX-2 + TX90mmf/4
Kodak Vision 3 5207 250D

YangPu Riverfront
Fujifilm GA645Zi
Ars Imago 320 + Labbox developed... scan with GFX100

YangPu Riverfront
Fujifilm GA645Zi
Kodak Vision 3 5203 50D

tsjanik

I love the way the snow hit the trees to create that outline.

And I love the way you captured it!

Steve Hendrix/CI
Thank you Steve. This photo was taken during the first lake effect storm of that season. Areas east of the Great Lakes can have these storms in early winter/late fall when westerly cold air passes over the relatively warm water of the lakes, collecting water vapor, later to reappear as snow. Winds of 20-40 mph are typical, resulting in snow traveling almost horizontally, hence the snow plastered to the trees in the image. Blue is the character of the light and Provia just accentuates.