The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

dave.gt

Christmas Eve. Mamiya RB, Sekor 90mm.
Wow! That looks cold!!!:bugeyes: ...where is this?

Two lights, the only visual signs of warmth. Very nice image that must have been uncomfortable to shoot. Thanks for sharing.:):):)

This reminds me that extreme environmental conditions have not been a part of my shooting in a long time. Perhaps those days are gone, but not my appreciation for those who embrace them and make them part of their motif.:thumbup:

MartinN

Many people in Finland go swimming after sauna in these conditions. There has to be a sawed hole in the ice. Another fun thing is simply rolling naked in the snow if there is no water. It's like getting high instantly and afterwards you feel great in the hot sauna. I don't like winter bathing. Merry Christmas, I'm sorry I can't post images because I'm off my editing computer.

gurtch

I am posting these two images on the fun with medium format thread and fun with medium format film thread. First image from Feb 1986 shot with Pentax 645, Kodacolor negative film and a graduated pink filter. I re-did it today with a new sky made with my digital camera. I am 82 and reliving my youth-----sorry!
Dave
s100A.jpgD796 framed.jpg

cjb

I am posting these two images on the fun with medium format thread and fun with medium format film thread. First image from Feb 1986 shot with Pentax 645, Kodacolor negative film and a graduated pink filter. I re-did it today with a new sky made with my digital camera. I am 82 and reliving my youth-----sorry!
Dave
View attachment 146385View attachment 146386
Why don’t you start a new thread for “hybrid imaging” where other likeminded photographers can find and share the type of digital post processing you do. IMO, this does not qualify as a film photo.

cjb

John_McMaster

Thank you.

This is my favorite thread because it does not include digital imaging. Let’s stay focused on the original purpose of this thread.

cjb
But all film images shown here have been digitised... I know that my film scans have been through Photoshop to cover hairs, alter contrast etc, so no different to a digital image?

john

cjb

But all film images shown here have been digitised... I know that my film scans have been through Photoshop to cover hairs, alter contrast etc, so no different to a digital image?

john
I agree we need to digitize our film for web usage, but a film image is one that is made at an instance of time. Manipulating the original film through PS for general touch ups like dust and the like is not much different than what we did in the days before PS. But when an image is enhanced away from the original film, it becomes a hybrid image like the replacing of an entire sky.

B L

cjb Why don’t you start a new thread for “hybrid imaging” where other likeminded photographers can find and share the type of digital post processing you do. IMO, this does not qualify as a film photo.
Sir, why dont you?

cjb

Sir, why dont you?
I do not replace my film images with digital images. Why shoot film if that is the intent? This is the only thread that says Medium Format FILM. There are so many other threads on this board for digital imaging. Just one thread for us film shooters. I was not trying to be difficult, just asking the images be film as the forum title states.

Hope you have a nice evening!

dave.gt

Deleted at your request.
Dave
Hi, Dave,

All I can say is how wonderful those images are. Excellent!:thumbs:

I hate that the two threads can be confusing, but a mistake now and then is to be expected. Either way, you, as the artistic photographer I know you to be can submit your images drawn on papyrus for all I care, it is always a joy to see your posts!!!:):):)