The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

dave.gt

Re: Daisies

Thank you Dave!
So glad it adds some warmth to your rain. :)

Kind regards,
Darr
Always enjoy your images. Thanks!

On rainy days like this, being stuck at home, I miss the tin roof. The sound of rain on such a roof is one of those experiences that I simply never forgot.

I am now considering a very small lawnmower shed with a tin roof outside the bedroom window.:ROTFL:

Until then, keep posting, Darr!:)

tsjanik

Often attempted, seldom pulled off. :thumbs: Nice contrast of near and distant leaves!

Matt
Thanks Matt. The 67 35mm is, in my experience, the weakest of the Pentax 67 lenses: nothing is very sharp; however, everything is in focus :banghead:.

Tom

darr

Re: Daisies

Always enjoy your images. Thanks!

On rainy days like this, being stuck at home, I miss the tin roof. The sound of rain on such a roof is one of those experiences that I simply never forgot.

I am now considering a very small lawnmower shed with a tin roof outside the bedroom window.:ROTFL:

Until then, keep posting, Darr!:)
I totally understand the tin roof therapy!
I put ocean sounds on my Echo sometimes. :)

Darr

darr

Field of Dreams

Mamiya 7 II + 80/4 + Kodak EPL 6075

--

This was down the road from my home in Redland Florida.
Very rural area and the largest producer of orchids in the USA (at the time).

Kind regards,
Darr

KeithDM

There was sone sunshine yesterday (Friday 3rd) for the first time this year - so a quick outing with H503CX, Planar 80mm CF T* and a roll of Fomapan 100. The River Avon in Malmesbury, Wilts.

MalmsAvon1.jpg

dave.gt

Be careful what you post....:ROTFL: Some of us, like me, will take the off ramp to other things after seeing images like Darr's. Inspired, I have been researching images made with Kodachrome 120 film! Darr's Portra image above reminds me of how common roadside stands were. Great image. And I think many images of roadside stands were made with Kodachrome as well.

It never gets tiring finding more and more images made with Kodachrome but most are 35mm format. I am stunned by them, of course, but I am really blown away with the 120 format images.

I have no idea if anyone here has 120 Kodachrome images but if you do, please post them! It is amazing to see the colors and I am especially interested in learning more of our culture and times documented on Kodachrome.

My search continues...:thumbup:

darr

Be careful what you post....:ROTFL: Some of us, like me, will take the off ramp to other things after seeing images like Darr's. Inspired, I have been researching images made with Kodachrome 120 film! Darr's Portra image above reminds me of how common roadside stands were. Great image. And I think many images of roadside stands were made with Kodachrome as well.

It never gets tiring finding more and more images made with Kodachrome but most are 35mm format. I am stunned by them, of course, but I am really blown away with the 120 format images.

I have no idea if anyone here has 120 Kodachrome images but if you do, please post them! It is amazing to see the colors and I am especially interested in learning more of our culture and times documented on Kodachrome.

My search continues...:thumbup:
Dave,

I do not think I ever shot Kodachrome in 120. I looked for some Kodachrome info and found this: Kodachrome 64 film in 120 format was discontinued in 1996 and it was only available from 1986-1996. That is a small window compared to other formats that were available from 1935-2007. I know I shot it in 135 and I have a t-shirt from Dwayne's Photo memorializing the last day of development for Kodachrome on December 30, 2010.

The "Broke Down" photo was made a few weeks ago on Route 27 about 45 minutes south of Tallahassee. We stopped to help the lady that was broke down with a jump start, and bought a bag of pecans. The owner of the stand is a very elderly man with not much to sell, and could not help the lady. I stop there whenever we pass through and buy whatever he is selling if he is open. One reason I live in North Florida is because it is still rural. North Florida is more like Alabama and South Georgia than what a lot of people perceive Florida to be.

Kind regards,
Darr

Edit: Dave, me thinks you are *really good* at being a host, so maybe you can start a new thread asking for Kodachrome images (any format). Maybe we might all start looking through our notebooks of film and start posting some. Just a thought.

Last edited:

itsdoable

I have no idea if anyone here has 120 Kodachrome images but if you do, please post them...
I forgot this was a Kodachrome - classic view of Wiamea Canyon on Kauai in 1990.

Wiamea, Kauai 1990, Plaubel Makina 67, Nikkor 80mm f/2.8, Kodak PKR 6033, Epson 700
Wiamea_Hawaii_1990_PM67.jpg

I found Ektachrome and Fujichrome more reliable. Kodachrome 120 came late in the KodaChrome timeline, and processing was slower and less consistent (and I was no longer living in Vancouver, which had the Kodak Lab), I occasionally got miss-processed rolls, and there was more colour shift. The 135 Kodachrome was always good, so I think it was the 120 line that had issues.

tsjanik

Dave,
…………………………………………………...

Edit: Dave, me thinks you are *really good* at being a host, so maybe you can start a new thread asking for Kodachrome images (any format). Maybe we might all start looking through our notebooks of film and start posting some. Just a thought.

Great idea Darr. Image below, taken with a GFX, is technically a medium format film image :ROTFL:

Tom

_DSF8032 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited: