The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Earlier this week, I did my first commercial job on film since I went digital 15 years ago. I'm ordering more Ektar, going back there with a heavier tripod.

Fuji GX680 III with Fujinon 50mm f/5.6 @ f/22 and maximum up shift, lab scan by Patani Studio

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Now Jorgen
Please tell us , what kind of industrial facility is this .
It's a plant for processing of chicken byproducts. It's installed next to a poultry dressing plant. The feet, heads, intestines, much of the bones etc. is the input for this plant. The output is chicken (bone and meat) meal which is used as an ingredient for animal feed. The plant has an input capacity of 15 tons per hour and will be commissioned the coming week before official handover to the customer. My day job is selling plants like this to the meat and fish processing industries. They are available for more or less any animal or fish byproducts.

The colour photo above shows the dryer that is the core of the plant.

Godfrey

As usual, lovely photos in this thread! I'm way behind.

Since shooting with medium format film and presenting the photos here implies a need for 120 film scanning, I saw this today:

https://www.negative.supply/

Interesting things … These folks have a pro-grade 35mm carrier designed for copy camera film scanning and are working on a similar pro-grade quality 120 carrier. A pro-grade film carrier for 120 format scanning would be very nice indeed and would make 120 film much easier to work with... I've bought into the Kickstarter on that project.

Kickstarter: Negative Supply 120 scanning carrier

If the quality matches what I see in the 35mm product, it is worth the price ... but it's fairly pricey.

G

No matter where you go, there you are.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Last week I took my Rollei 2.8F off its display shelf, loaded a roll of Tri X and went for a walk. The camera is 60 years old; I've owned it for about 20 years but never used it. I grew up with Rollei TLRs in my university days but could never afford the flagship, and I bought this one in a fit of nostalgia - and never regretted it. It is a mechanical masterpiece. As fas I know it's never been serviced and its only fault is that the 1/2 and 1 second speeds are too long. I guess we all get stiff with age.

This is one of the 12 shots I took. They all came out quite well though Tri X was not the right film for a sunny snowy day! I had to use 1/500th (which probably is slower than that) at F16 and the negatives are still a bit dense. Developed in DF96 then copied with my XF and processed in C1.

darr

Dorothy Jean

Last week I took my Rollei 2.8F off its display shelf, loaded a roll of Tri X and went for a walk. The camera is 60 years old; I've owned it for about 20 years but never used it. I grew up with Rollei TLRs in my university days but could never afford the flagship, and I bought this one in a fit of nostalgia - and never regretted it. It is a mechanical masterpiece. As fas I know it's never been serviced and its only fault is that the 1/2 and 1 second speeds are too long. I guess we all get stiff with age.

This is one of the 12 shots I took. They all came out quite well though Tri X was not the right film for a sunny snowy day! I had to use 1/500th (which probably is slower than that) at F16 and the negatives are still a bit dense. Developed in DF96 then copied with my XF and processed in C1.

Lovely story and image, Bill.

I have fond memories of my grandfather shooting a Rollei TLR and have a collection of his negatives he made with it. Below is one of my mother made about 80 years ago! I always wanted one but could not afford the top of the line, so I was happy when I was able to get a 1957 T model in pristine condition. You have motivated me to run a roll thru mine, thank you!

Darr

Digitized with Flexbody + 120/4 CFi + CFV-50c​

jotloob

Subscriber Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ha , that BEAUTY would perfectly fit into my glas cabinet with all my HB Beauties .