The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

anyone

I slowly get the results I want from my drum scanner. Still some way to go, but this one turned out nicely.
Lima, Peru

Scan-3630_edited_web.jpg
Hasselblad 500CM, Planar 80, Delta 100, scan with drum scanner.

ggibson

Re: Mamiya 6 + 135 Film

35mm Film to 120 Spool Adapter on shapeways.com

I'm interested to try these adapters out as well! I figured these are the perfect use for the extra A24 back that I have sitting around. Kind of like an XPAN-lite on my 503CX, only a bit awkward that the default framing is vertical. Need a matting overlay for the focusing screen. For anyone interested, there are files out there to print these for free if you have access to a 3D printer.

JoelM

I have the 6mf and don't have any issues with it, but I did own the 7II and the original 6 and they are all fine. I used the Mamiya pan 35mm adapter when I got the 6 back in the 90s. I found it to be not to my liking and the idea of cropping the MF film just seemed to be more appealing to me at the time.

Joel

anyone

China

A bit more unusual for me, as this is not a landscape picture. I liked the feeling of the moment though.

Bild 003_web.jpg

Hasselblad 500CM, Planar 80, E100VS, Scan with Imacon Flextight II.

anyone

And yet another one with the drum scanner. It's kind of funny to process a low-end-film that way, but I chose it for artistic purposes. It's a Chinese lucky film that lacks the chemical layer to prevent lights to burn out. However, I really do like the effect it has.

Hong Kong

Scan-3650_cropped-clean_perspective_print2_web.jpg

Hasselblad 500CM, Planar 80, Chinese lucky SHD 100, Scan with drum scanner.

Last edited:

JeRuFo

At the last weekend away with my wife's family I was asked to shoot portraits of everyone. I decided to shoot the brothers and sisters on film and their children with digital. I overestimated their willingness to be in front of the camera (and my comfort level to direct them, being a landscape shooter at heart) and had to ditch my ambitious plans for the film images and decided to shoot just a straight portrait of everyone in the same place, 2 sheets per person. No one was in front of the camera for more than a minute or two, but between rounding them up, changing film etc. it took me quite a few hours to get the 12 portraits done.

They came back into my mind because in two weeks we were supposed to go on another family trip, but that obviously won't happen because of the reason.

All shot on Fomapan 100, developed in R09.

Godfrey

Those 35mm adapter spools look like fun, darr. I'd be entertained to play with them, but I know from long experience that I'd buy them, shoot two rolls of film, and then they'll sit in my drawer forever. :D

I posted elsewhere that I'd finally finished the roll of film I put into a ReallySoSubtle 6x6 pinhole camera a year ago, and I got some amusing images out of it. I liked this one in particular:

Appropriate Distance - Japan Town, San Jose 2020
ReallySoSubtle 6x6 Pinhole Camera, Ilford HP5

The title is a bit of a photography joke ... this is an effective 20mm focal length on 6x6 film so my buddy in the photo is literally just barely 6 foot away... ;)

There are four other photos at the album on Flickr.com: click on the image to get there if you're amused by this stuff. I did minimal processing other than the negative inversion and sizing.

enjoy!
G

tsjanik

At the last weekend away with my wife's family I was asked to shoot portraits of everyone. I decided to shoot the brothers and sisters on film and their children with digital. I overestimated their willingness to be in front of the camera (and my comfort level to direct them, being a landscape shooter at heart) and had to ditch my ambitious plans for the film images and decided to shoot just a straight portrait of everyone in the same place, 2 sheets per person. No one was in front of the camera for more than a minute or two, but between rounding them up, changing film etc. it took me quite a few hours to get the 12 portraits done.

They came back into my mind because in two weeks we were supposed to go on another family trip, but that obviously won't happen because of the reason.

All shot on Fomapan 100, developed in R09.
Very nice. The resemblance in the eyes is remarkable.