The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

darr

Red Door

Mamiya 7II + 65/4 + EPL
Flexbody + 120 CFi + CFV-50c

--

Around 1992-1995 Santa Barbara Mission, CA.
Cannot remember the year since I visit every year to see family.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Florida is beginning phase one of easing quarantine restrictions.
Hoping to get out to the NWR not far from my home next week.
I sure miss spending time out in nature.

anyone

I wonder if this is still "medium format" or rather fits the large format category. Well, at least the film is 120.

Bild05 merged2_web.jpg

Cambo WDS, SK80mm XL, Delta 100, Scan with Flextight.

Last edited:

JoelM

If that boat is the rental, I'm thinking that perhaps you parked it in the wrong spot. :ROTFL:

Joel

darr

First Love

Hasselblad 500CM + 80/2.8 + Tri-X

--

So many of us photographers are also musicians at some level. My first love was the classical guitar. As a child whenever I heard the classical guitar played well, I could not think of anything more beautiful. But my father insisted I pursue the visual arts early on. I did take a year of classical guitar in college (after years of private lessons), only to realize my father was right! I could never be a performer, or happy as a music teacher, but I still love the classical guitar. I was able to see Segovia perform in Philadelphia shortly before he passed away and was amazed at what he could do at his age. I still play and I am still in love with it all. Anybody else want to share their love for music?

Last edited:

pfigen

Nice top on that guitar - you can see the medullary rays so clearly. In the same boat here. Play for myself but steel string folky country and learn through absorption from my professional musician gf, but even more fun during this pandemic limited society, I've been getting up to speed on digital recording with an Apollo system and a few really nice mic's. We did our first remote session Saturday where we recorded Gee for part of a soundtrack for an animated feature - more like sound effects played on accordion. One bar at a time. But what fun.

Godfrey

I'd almost forgotten that these two photos were medium format film images ... I posted them in another thread, but perhaps those not watching there might want to see them here. :)

Fence, Trash Can, Loading Dock - Santa Clara 2020

Olive Tree - Santa Clara 2020

Both were made with the Fuji GS645S Wide 60 Professional on Washi-120 (rice-paper based) film.

enjoy!
G

darr

Bubbling

Hasselblad 500C + Sonnar 150/4 C + Plus-X Pan
Fuji X-Pro3 + Zeiss Touit 50/2.8

--

Meanwhile back in 1987 ...
My niece and I always had fun together making pictures when she came for a visit.
Her parents always got a nice selection of photos and I got to play and make memories.

Today is my 62nd birthday ...
Been at this game most of my life; making my first dollar with a camera at age 19.
Went to art school so I could do something besides photographing for money. :ROTFL:

Hope everyone is doing well and getting some sunshine. :cool:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Yes Darlene
Happy birthday to you . Stay safe and healthy . And keep on posting lovely images as you have done so many times in the past . Best regards . Jürgen .

D&A

Happy Birthday Darleen!! When you blow out those candles, make sure you make a grand wish for something special from Dante :). Just have fun on your special day. Now about that cake...…..

Dave (D&A)