The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One PRO 20 news

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes, it's relatively simple to sign up as a beta tester. As noted though, part of that process restricts sharing the details of the features and UI changes of beta products. As a beta tester you will recieve a beta test guide that describes what's changed and what Phase One want you to try out and provide feedback on.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Preorder software with no description. :wtf:

I understand each word, but the sentence itself makes no sense.

M

kdphotography

Preorder software with no description. :wtf:

I understand each word, but the sentence itself makes no sense.

M

Well, Matt---it's sorta like buying the IQ4150 MFDB. The software features are coming.

Oops. Did I just say that? :loco::ROTFL:
(just a little sarcastic humor even though the Danes may not have a sense of humor)

And yes, I am actually loving my IQ4150. :thumbs:

ken

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Cash flow ... but you know that already :grin:
Well, yes. But I've NEVER seen this approach in software or electronics. Even Steve Jobs wouldn't have said "We have something magical, we're not going to tell you anything about it, but we'll take your money now."

The only example I can think of are those Amazon "Get a pallet of stuff" deals.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Not specifically mentioned IIRC but I would expect it to support both. My test machine still runs Mojave as I didn’t want to break my existing install.

kdphotography

Well this particular Dane has :toocool: And I don't have an IQ4 but am eagerly following the saga :watch:
Peter, that was directed towards the Mothership.

You're very well entrenched in the 9th Level of Purgatory here, and we all know that everyone that Dante smiles upon must have a great sense of humor. :D:loco::D

ken

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Yes, it's relatively simple to sign up as a beta tester. As noted though, part of that process restricts sharing the details of the features and UI changes of beta products. As a beta tester you will recieve a beta test guide that describes what's changed and what Phase One want you to try out and provide feedback on.
To be a beta tester do you have to also preorder?

Mexecutioner

Well, yes. But I've NEVER seen this approach in software or electronics. Even Steve Jobs wouldn't have said "We have something magical, we're not going to tell you anything about it, but we'll take your money now."

The only example I can think of are those Amazon "Get a pallet of stuff" deals.

Since I was going to get it anyway, I do appreciate the heads up and saving $42, that's half a tank of gas here in sunny SoCal.

Pemihan

Peter, that was directed towards the Mothership.

You're very well entrenched in the 9th Level of Purgatory here, and we all know that everyone that Dante smiles upon must have a great sense of humor. :D:loco::D

ken
Yeah I know and yes I know :loco::facesmack::banghead:

Steve Hendrix

one thing i would like to know is will it be OS catalina only or still work with Mojave?

I can't provide any factual details about the beta software of course, but I will say that the recent track record has been that support for Mac OS covers 3 versions, including the current.

Steve Hendrix/CI