The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One P30+ Digital back to work with Fuji GX680

Pichirilo

Hello I just bought the Phase One P30+ so i could use my Fuji GX680 with. But ran into a problem: the Back cannot write on the CF card. No RED LED light comes on after you shoot an image as the intruction manual says. This message shows up on the screen after the shutter is activated: two shot error. 5 second delay.

darr

Are you using an adapter plate and a two shot cable? Is the back set for "Long Latency?"

Using a digital back on the Fuji is similar to using it on a 4x5 film camera. The digital back and camera body do not talk to each other except through a two shot cable. It sounds like a possible cable error. Check the latency setting and use the cable in a slow, smooth action. Prior to tripping the shutter, the lights on the digital back should blink to "wake up" the back. The shutter then trips and that completes the capture signal producing the image.

Kind regards,
Darr

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hello I just bought the Phase One P30+ so i could use my Fuji GX680 with. But ran into a problem: the Back cannot write on the CF card. No RED LED light comes on after you shoot an image as the intruction manual says. This message shows up on the screen after the shutter is activated: two shot error. 5 second delay.
The GX680 is a really special beast when it comes to adapting a digital back to it; it's not nearly as straight forward as adapting a back to other bodies. I strongly suggest working with a highly-knowledgeable Phase One dealer to decide if, and which, backs you might buy to adapt it, and what will be needed to make it all work, and how to troubleshoot when it doesn't.

But in short: for a P30+ (which has a quite small sensor to use on a 680, since you're cropping from a very large native format) to work with the GX680 you'd need the Kapture Group GX680 adapter with separate breakout box; that hasn't been made for many years but maybe you'll find one used (or the dealer you are working will find it for you).