Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase One P30+ Digital back to work with Fuji GX680

Post Thanks / Like

Phase One P30+ Digital back to work with Fuji GX680

Hello I just bought the Phase One P30+ so i could use my Fuji GX680 with. But ran into a problem: the Back cannot write on the CF card. No RED LED light comes on after you shoot an image as the intruction manual says. This message shows up on the screen after the shutter is activated: two shot error. 5 second delay.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phase One P30+ Digital back to work with Fuji GX680

Are you using an adapter plate and a two shot cable? Is the back set for "Long Latency?"

Using a digital back on the Fuji is similar to using it on a 4x5 film camera. The digital back and camera body do not talk to each other except through a two shot cable. It sounds like a possible cable error. Check the latency setting and use the cable in a slow, smooth action. Prior to tripping the shutter, the lights on the digital back should blink to "wake up" the back. The shutter then trips and that completes the capture signal producing the image.

Kind regards,
    Darr
    Photo Blog: darrlene.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase One P30+ Digital back to work with Fuji GX680

Quote Originally Posted by Pichirilo View Post
    Hello I just bought the Phase One P30+ so i could use my Fuji GX680 with. But ran into a problem: the Back cannot write on the CF card. No RED LED light comes on after you shoot an image as the intruction manual says. This message shows up on the screen after the shutter is activated: two shot error. 5 second delay.
    The GX680 is a really special beast when it comes to adapting a digital back to it; it's not nearly as straight forward as adapting a back to other bodies. I strongly suggest working with a highly-knowledgeable Phase One dealer to decide if, and which, backs you might buy to adapt it, and what will be needed to make it all work, and how to troubleshoot when it doesn't.

But in short: for a P30+ (which has a quite small sensor to use on a 680, since you're cropping from a very large native format) to work with the GX680 you'd need the Kapture Group GX680 adapter with separate breakout box; that hasn't been made for many years but maybe you'll find one used (or the dealer you are working will find it for you).
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183